• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once Clemson gets past 5 wins then we will talk, haha.

I'll pull for Clemson as long as they aren't playing the Gamecocks.
yeah the high 5 was fun for a hot minute I was disappointed we didn't hit six I had the perfect finger on the other hand picked out for the high 5 plus one. :stop::finger: perfect timing I was trying to figure out when I would get to use this emoji when I saw it earlier today great add mods! :woot: I too pull for clemson when they are not playing the Gamecocks as well all about SC

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya'll know you're playing for second right? ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya'll know you're playing for second right? ;)
If you guys would ever step up out of IHSA level for Equestrian we would own you in that sport :p. Sorry I had no better come back even though I know that comment wasn't really directed at my team.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haha, I had to say something. It was in the contract when I moved to Tuscaloosa.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, losing 5 in a row was tough...I'll admit it, yall had our number for a while...but when that is your biggest feather in your cap...thats not so great :( (BTW, this is just in fun...I love college football, especially the banter back and forth)

Hate to do it BUT since 1892 the Cocks history is as follows:

GAMECOCKS HISTORY:
0 National Championships
0 SEC Championships
1 ACC Championship (1969)
1 South Conference Championship (1933)
o Undefeated Seasons
20 Bowl Games
All-Time record 587–561–44 (.511)

Clemson holds a 67-42-4 winning record Vs. the Cocks

Since 1896 Tigers history is as follows:

CLEMSON HISTORY:
2 National Championship appearances
1 National Championship victory (1981)
21 Total Conference Championships (15 ACC Championships)
6 Undefeated Seasons
39 Bowl Games
All-Time record 703–455–45 (.603)
Ah yes the good old 1896 thing I remember those good olde days! oops never mind no I don't a little past my time. LOL we could go all day on this but I hate to clog this thread up with it. We will have some fun once the football season starts we will have to get all us college football guys together and maybe we will all start a thread where we can all throw it back and forth at each other all season. I'm sure @Andy S and I would catch a lot of the heat as things dont look good for us for a few years at least if not longer.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well I found the solution to our anchor issues. Lolimage.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@solarman, have you found the registration details in the first post and been able to make your reservations? You need to book into Bimini Sands, Bahia Mar Hotel and the slip at the Bahia Mar Yacht Club,

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

solarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wanting to make the trip in our 2013 242 limited S. 4 adults and 4 kids on board, leaving Miami on the 23 of June to catch up with yall. Trying to find a place to stay is kinda hard to find. how much extra fuel do I need to bring just in case? @Bruce

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
wanting to make the trip in our 2013 242 limited S. 4 adults and 4 kids on board, leaving Miami on the 23 of June to catch up with yall. Trying to find a place to stay is kinda hard to find. how much extra fuel do I need to bring just in case? @Bruce
@BigJay17 is crossing on the 24th. I would recommend crossing with other boat(s).

What is the total weight of your group of 8?

If you need extra fuel the water is too rough to cross. Just stay in plane and you will be fine.

Have you called Bimini Sands to see if they have availability? Reservation info is in the first post of this thread.

I moved your post here where it will get more attention.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! As @Bruce mentioned look at the first post of this thread call Bimini Sands ask for our discount and you should be good to go. You should not need additional fuel unless conditions are really bad and then i would recommend not going as mentioned earlier. I do hate to be the downer as well but i would not recommend crossing with a crew of 8 either. 6-7 max everyone should be able to fit behind the windshield the last thing you want to do is commit to people having to ride upfront if the seas turn bad it sucks and can be dangerous. If you do decide to cross with 8 I would make sure the adults ride up front but dont get me wrong in good weather this is not an issue but in chop it will be and the extra weight up front will be as well.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I don't want to pack much food - can we count on eating out regularly ? Or getting groceries on Bimini ? Sorry if this has been answered but nearly 50+ pages is hard to catch up on... Thanks.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I don't want to pack much food - can we count on eating out regularly ? Or getting groceries on Bimini ? Sorry if this has been answered but nearly 50+ pages is hard to catch up on... Thanks.
Almost no groceries on Bimini, so don't plan on buying anything. You can eat out on Bimini but there are limited choices and service is on island time, friendly but slow. I would plan on bringing at least breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a Publix grocery store near Harbour Town that I do my last minute shopping, Publix 402 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania Beach, FL 33004-3040

solarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are Bimini Bound @Bruce staying in the hilton resorts world. Ariving the 23rd and leaving with the group on the 25th. I'm installing another bildge pump ( just in case). I have an epirb and mounted radio with GPS and I have a mounted Lowrance chart plotter on my 242. We will have 8 in the boat however we are traveling light due to the short stay. Does anyone empty the ski locker and fill it drinks and such to keep the weight down and centered on the boat? What channel will you be on once in Bimini when we get there?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are Bimini Bound @Bruce staying in the hilton resorts world. Ariving the 23rd and leaving with the group on the 25th. I'm installing another bildge pump ( just in case). I have an epirb and mounted radio with GPS and I have a mounted Lowrance chart plotter on my 242. We will have 8 in the boat however we are traveling light due to the short stay. Does anyone empty the ski locker and fill it drinks and such to keep the weight down and centered on the boat? What channel will you be on once in Bimini when we get there?
Yes, I empty my ski locker and the boat of all non-essential equipment and then use the ski locker to store good that won't be damaged if it gets wet. Channel 69 (easy to remember ;)) is what we use in Bimini.