• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg
This was plan B! I think we're going back to plan A now. Big Carolina squat convention going on here, can't handle the stupid.
Learned something new. So is that to prevent lifted trucks headlights blinding you by simply pointing them to the sky?

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw one of those last night on the road, wondering what the hell the purpose of that was. I guess that is the new cool in the truck world

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the ones not going to Bimini as originally planned, what are you plans? We're going to Siesta Key, FL and hopefully make the trip to Bimini next year with the group. I learned my lesson this year. Be flexible with the dates. For the ones going out to Bimini tomorrow safe travels and enjoy your time in paradise.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the ones not going to Bimini as originally planned, what are you plans? We're going to Siesta Key, FL and hopefully make the trip to Bimini next year with the group. I learned my lesson this year. Be flexible with the dates. For the ones going out to Bimini tomorrow safe travels and enjoy your time in paradise.
Man I hear you. Its an amazing challenge to pull this off with folks coming from far and wide. I was lucky to have left early enough to make the new departure. I feel sad for those that couldn't and hope we can all get together at a future date. Have fun! Play hard and safe. (Who knows with the tempermental weather we or more of us may be trying to join you).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are here - Lesters Diner down the road from Harbour towne!

Jessie Uptergrove

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are checked in at Sarasota for a couple of days. Going to try out Siesta Key. Wednesday heading to Key West to meet up with some friends for sailing. Hate missing Bimini but still going to be a fun vacation!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1 hour from the marina... quick stop at Publix first

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rana thank you - answered my question.
We are going to head to the bas pro shop, publix, and then put the boat in the Harbour

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are the chances????!!!!
image.jpeg

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok...not to be Debbie Downer here guys, but the weather forecast is not improving. First off, you're starting with NNE winds at 10 to 15. That itself is a big red flag. Seas are starting at 2 and building to 3 to 5 with an occasional 6!....and it doesn't say "by the afternoon" anymore. That doesn't include the slop you usually have getting out of the inlet. This is not a good forecast. Be careful please!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We should hit the Publix about 1:30. Fuel stop now.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get on your VHF radios and hail somebody that has been offshore today. Switch off CH 16 and continue your conversation--- ask them the conditions out there.

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are checked in at Sarasota for a couple of days. Going to try out Siesta Key. Wednesday heading to Key West to meet up with some friends for sailing. Hate missing Bimini but still going to be a fun vacation!
La Yankee ( Rene) and Per-diem( David) were are going to be in Hyatt Regency Resort , this hotel have a marina!t@ Sarasota/Siesta Key gives us a message and we can meet!!
They have a bunch of places like Beer Can Key, sandbar, lido beach!!!! Hopefully we can meet

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking at a couple more weather sources the data is all over the place. Yeah, be careful I. What you decide to do. Good suggestion to hail some locals to see what it is like