• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First tire ever shredded on the highway... Thankfully, it was slow and we had an easy place nearby to pull over and change it. Currently having lunch while we have the ripped tire rehubbed with a new tire just in case we have another trailer tire issue. Hopefully, that will not be the case, but better to be prepared. We must get back on the road and tally some miles today. Florida here we come!View attachment 39468
That's nothing! We did a snowmobiling trip to Wyoming where we managed to shred about 6 trailer tires! Ask @tim h about it!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... More trailer tire issues... Another back tire shredded the other side this time. Found another Wal-mart to have new tire installed... Had front trailer tires checked... Recommended they are changed as well, belts separating. So, 4 new tires total and we are back on the road rolling smooth. Hoping still to make Florida's Fort Pierce tonight... Maybe early morning... Still plenty of time for the hop to Bimini. Praying for no more tire troubles! View attachment 39495
Dang!
I know you guys have more important things to do, but I'd like to hear how old those tires were and stuff sometime.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just south of Kansas City. You will be ahead of me by tomorrow night.
If youre not here Im ahead of you. We got here a little late to deal with putting the boat in the water so we deal with that tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll be fresh on the boat.

Everyone please drive safely.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you made it safe. Have you checked your hubs bearing buddies? It's a long drive and you may need to top off. But relax and enjoy a relaxed night sleep. You sure as heck earned it!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are just past Macon.
Passed a 2015/16 AR240??!!

Getting tired but all good.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First tire ever shredded on the highway... Thankfully, it was slow and we had an easy place nearby to pull over and change it. Currently having lunch while we have the ripped tire rehubbed with a new tire just in case we have another trailer tire issue. Hopefully, that will not be the case, but better to be prepared. We must get back on the road and tally some miles today. Florida here we come!View attachment 39468
Glad that you got that sorted out... You'll have to tell me all about it while in Bimini. Good thing you have a tandem trailer.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holly cow @Bruce!!!
Glad you guys are okay. What a pro!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... More trailer tire issues... Another back tire shredded the other side this time. Found another Wal-mart to have new tire installed... Had front trailer tires checked... Recommended they are changed as well, belts separating. So, 4 new tires total and we are back on the road rolling smooth. Hoping still to make Florida's Fort Pierce tonight... Maybe early morning... Still plenty of time for the hop to Bimini. Praying for no more tire troubles! View attachment 39495
OMG! It's a good thing that your family are seasoned boaters.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If youre not here Im ahead of you. We got here a little late to deal with putting the boat in the water so we deal with that tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll be fresh on the boat.

Everyone please drive safely.
I am absolutely amazed that your crew drove from Washington State to Florida. I hope this is the best trip any of you have ever been on. Have fun!

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you made it safe. Have you checked your hubs bearing buddies? It's a long drive and you may need to top off. But relax and enjoy a relaxed night sleep. You sure as heck earned it!
Thanks for the reminder. I had planned to before heading home. I check hub and tire heat at nearly every gas stop. That about every 3 hours. I had a wheel (paint) catch fire before - thats not so fun. Then waiting a day to get bearings replaced.

BTW. I noticed here some folks downgrading posts with a thumbs down. I think that sorta picks on the original poster rather than showing sympathy for the contents of their post. Just sayin.

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By any chance, has anybody booked Condo 2A for Sunday night at Bimini Sands?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reminder. I had planned to before heading home. I check hub and tire heat at nearly every gas stop. That about every 3 hours. I had a wheel (paint) catch fire before - thats not so fun. Then waiting a day to get beatings replaced.

BTW. I noticed here some folks downgrading posts with a thumbs down. I think that sorta picks on the original poster rather than showing sympathy for the contents of their post. Just sayin.
I noticed that too, but I assumed that they were just expressing sadness without realizing that it would impact the poster's rating.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am absolutely amazed that your crew drove from Washington State to Florida. I hope this is the best trip any of you have ever been on. Have fun!
Thanks bud, I hope so too - that my crew really enjoys it. It's really an indication of how much the vids and chat from the last couple years in these forums has gotten us so hooked on this. I've wanted to boat in Florida forever. Our previous boats weren't really ideal for transporting. We went without a boat since 2008 and actually bought this one with this jetboaters bimini trip in mind. We are really excited to pull this off while being cautiously optimistic that the weather is still conducive. I have no problem switching to a plan B still. I don't want anyone hurt - regardless of the investment in time, gas, and gear.

I pray the weather holds together and everyone has a safe trip. Which I think also means having a little luck on the highways. Atlanta traffic was insane and the turnpike seems to be full of angry drivers. Be careful everyone.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the grocery store near harbor town or Bahia mar?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well good news is return trip options are starting to look better Thursday Friday, and Saturday all see like they could be viable now! @Majorsmackdown awesome job man I should have looked earlier and noticed you where here I would have taken your family out to dinner to hear about your adventure of a ride as I'm here as well.