• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Imo...awards to go out for bimini

@Bruce most trailer tire troubles but still open till @Majorsmackdown makes it home

@swatski ...smallest craft advisor but @ThatJeepGuy close second so might have to change @swatski to smallest dinghy.

@chris24 and @Glen biggest balls on crossing 38 mph

@Majorsmackdown longest tow in history??

@swatski smallest dinghy....did I say that already??

@tim2808 feeding family's fish for 5 days.

@MrMoose most nights slept by the pool....lol

Anyone else have any to add.....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We need to find out what is a good date range for availability in Bimini. I will start that discussion in January unless @Andy S or @upperdeck steps back into the lead. It will be in the range of mid June to mid July. The Boston Whaler group goes over and consumes everything on the island so we want to plan around their dates.

My kids get out of school between 14-17 of June. Soooo. If it happens we can get toward end of June that helps us and as of yet we do want to go again god willing.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last one home....buys....just sayin...lol

You all home yet?
Not yet. About 450 miles left. My feet are aching so we are stopping for tonight.

We did get a spare rubberband put on our spare wheel in case we get one more towing adventure. Hi-Run. Haha. Sounds Chingrish.

If you come here Drinks are on me !!

We're going to the Nampa Idaho Cracker Barrel which I think is the furthest west in the country.

Attachments

Last edited:

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, many have added adhesive rubber padding to their anchor lockers to avoid loose anchors causing damage. Could you make inside the anchor lockers out of scraps or second quality seadek?
Farm supply outfits (Wilco) near me have rubber on the roll in different thicknesses. (Pretty cheap too). I think they call it horse stall mat. Much tougher than seadek. If you could find some pressure sensitive adhesive you may be able to stick it down. Honestly I don't think the seadek would do much against a wiggly anchor unless you had several layers. Anchors that I stick in my storage lockers stay pretty safe wrapped in old towels. Good luck sorting that out. That damage would make me want to pout.

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If there are enough people that want to go next year to the point where more leaders are needed, I would be honored to be a leader. I learned a lot from this trip and cannot wait to make it again..... After we fix ole shark bait up and find a new place for the anchor. We found out the hard way what happens if you cross the Atlantic and don't have the anchor properly secured.
Ouch!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If there are enough people that want to go next year to the point where more leaders are needed, I would be honored to be a leader. I learned a lot from this trip and cannot wait to make it again..... After we fix ole shark bait up and find a new place for the anchor. We found out the hard way what happens if you cross the Atlantic and don't have the anchor properly secured.
Is that the outside of the hull or inside the anchor box? If that is outside holly cow I need to re evaluate keeping mine in there.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that the outside of the hull or inside the anchor box? If that is outside holly cow I need to re evaluate keeping mine in there.
Yes the outside, the inside looks just as bad too.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I know you had rack issues but holly cow these where the guys who went to the Abacos islands no way I will ever put a rack on my ski after seeing this. @Ramblin Wreck and @Cobra Jet Steering LLC they blame this on the thin nano excell hull.

rack1.jpg rack2.jpg rack3.jpg

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You shoulda came by...I could have got on lake here..we were home

We need to have a jet boaters day. I offered one last year....we had fun with a few.
I am totally with you Jack-

Lets sketch out a weekend agenda (play, stay, eats,...) over a beer, and see what we have-

What are you doing over the 4th weekend?
I have 2 returning from camp on Sat PM and have not locked anything in as of yet-
I know Anna will be in there somewhere-

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

@Bruce most trailer tire troubles but still open till @Majorsmackdown makes it home

@swatski ...smallest craft advisor but @ThatJeepGuy close second so might have to change @swatski to smallest dinghy.

My integrity (and sanity) causes me to need to remove myself from the honor bestowed above-

It was @Kevin Sargent who stayed with @chris24 on the blazing (gotta beat @Bruce to Bimini) crossing.

Within a few miles of exiting Ft Lauderdale, I settled into a comfortable 24-26mph crossing speed (Alan sp?, with me) and fortunately they stopped enough (to fix stuff) that we all got there together. (We were always w/in comm range, of both groups).

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

@latitudeadjuster Jet Boater with the biggest heart who could never get away with making a prank phone call.
Mrs. @latitudeadjuster first to take it to a whole new level in Bimini by trying to "mount the boat on the Three Sisters" and by jumping into shark-infested waters to retrieve a snorkel mask after blowing it off of Jack's face with the jet wash.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@veedubtek I know you had rack issues but holly cow these where the guys who went to the Abacos islands no way I will ever put a rack on my ski after seeing this. @Ramblin Wreck and @Cobra Jet Steering LLC they blame this on the thin nano excell hull.

View attachment 40444 View attachment 40445 View attachment 40446

Wow that is crazy. No way that should've happened. If someone would just make a ski with the storage of a Kawasaki, hull of a Sea Doo, & engine of a Yamaha......

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@latitudeadjuster Jet Boater with the biggest heart who could never get away with making a prank phone call.
Mrs. @latitudeadjuster first to take it to a whole new level in Bimini by trying to "mount the boat on the Three Sisters" and by jumping into shark-infested waters to retrieve a snorkel mask after blowing it off of Jack's face with the jet wash.
Jack radios me, we have a conversation, then he asks if I know who it is .... LOL - you can't disguise that voice.

Im always worried If im in the water and my wife is on the throttles - 0-30 in 2 seconds... Forward is really touchy.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can say that the nano hulls are very weak I have had 4 so far and all of them had failures that I never had with other skies with the exception of an old Kawasaki 750ss , that hull was just plain junk.