• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster and Thrust Vector Reviews

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the review on the Lateral Thrusters as i am considering them. Ques - are you able to gain any bebefits moving forward docking or onto a trailer as you mentioned? I have currents and wind pulling into my dock and wondering fo you put one engine in reverse and one in drive etc. Curious to your experience docking with these if and how they help.
I've found what I would term 30%+ improvement in handling wind (10-15 mph) and currents when docking, handling narrow channels and getting on the boat lift. I've been happy and observed no con's to the systems to-date.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
has anyone had both to compare? lateral thruster/ thrust vector and the cobra jet steering?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can not use lateral thrusters on your boat only the steering so you can get a super ultimate ak-19 deluxe for $268.99 with free priority mail included in the U S A , that system is laser cut ,tempered aluminum, spring loaded, adjustable and it has a special plaining surface for faster hole shots smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake for watersport activities.
It provides steering assistance at the dock in forward and reverse and it can be adjusted to provide the exact amount of steering improvements at plaining speeds , that meet your personal needs without increasing the draft of the boat. https://jetboaters.net/threads/basic-information-about-the-various-options-from-cobra-jet-steering-llc.16857/ do your research. Money back guarantee and warranty posted on the web site cobrajetsteering.com and it will not harm your boat nor will it negatively effect your warranty the most features and benefits from anyone.
20 years of experience making jet boats steer and drivers smile with 5 US patents.

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
has anyone had both to compare? lateral thruster/ thrust vector and the cobra jet steering?
Had it on SX190 purchased used.
Went CJS no comparison in tracking and control for me.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've read that for single engines the cobras are better.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Cool. I have had the cobras from the beginning. just curious. I did not know that the lateral thruster wouldnt work on my boat. thanks

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool. I have had the cobras from the beginning. just curious. I did not know that the lateral thruster wouldnt work on my boat. thanks
yamaha changed the bucket design and basically you already HAVVE lat thrusters.