• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Twin $577 shipped.

Single $342 shipped

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Should be in stock and should be able to ship next week. Thank you!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it is.

Mike Harris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tempting. I'll probably buy in soon. Thanks Will.

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just picked up an 2018 AR195 and definitely want to improve reverse steering. One concern regarding the lateral thrusters was one post where the thruster came loose and damaged the factory casting. If given the option I would likely prefer to change up to the new 2019 set up assuming they are not outrageously expensively but so far no real tests have been conducted. It would be good to see Jet Boat Pilot do a post a test biased or not comparing their lateral thruster vs the new factory version.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up an 2018 AR195 and definitely want to improve reverse steering. One concern regarding the lateral thrusters was one post where the thruster came loose and damaged the factory casting. If given the option I would likely prefer to change up to the new 2019 set up assuming they are not outrageously expensively but so far no real tests have been conducted. It would be good to see Jet Boat Pilot do a post a test biased or not comparing their lateral thruster vs the new factory version.
Not sure but they might not have put locktite on the bolt

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am definitely ordering the LT for my 195 cause any help I can get around the dock with strong river current is welcome.. my concern with the new Yamaha design is if it will stir up sediment from the bottom in the shallows and kick it up into the intake.. doesn’t seem like an issue with LT..

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am definitely ordering the LT for my 195 cause any help I can get around the dock with strong river current is welcome.. my concern with the new Yamaha design is if it will stir up sediment from the bottom in the shallows and kick it up into the intake.. doesn’t seem like an issue with LT..
With the LTs you still have the water going through the reverse gate (OEM nozzle)... and kicking up stuff.
Kind of what I'm thinking too, and been saying about potential clogging things up - I would think the LTs would be prone to that more than anything else there, acting like funnels essentially.
Depending on water level in my river, when its low I have to be very careful. I am interested in LTs but worried it may not be for me. The new factory nozzle would not have any of those issues.

--

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would think the LTs would be prone to that more than anything else there, acting like funnels essentially.
@swatski - help me understand what you are talking about here.
The way I see it (in my twisted mind) is that no matter what, your suction is still coming up through the grates... where sediment can cause damage. With current OEM reverse all of your reverse thrust is pushed under the boat at an estimated ~45deg angle on the vertical axis and could easily stir up the river bed.
With the LT up to 30% of that thrust is now directed almost purely horizontally and would not be pushing forced water onto the floor bed, but rather provide true lateral thrust. Any funnel effect should be with external flow, pushing debris away. The intake volume coming through the grates should not increase due to the LT as they are solely in place to redirect the outward flow of water. If anything they will help not stir up as much debris from the river bed.

Am I looking at this backwards?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a little video of me docking today. At least this is what it seemed like.

Thanks @JetBoatPilot
They work fantastically. Just what these boats needed.

Like-O-Meter
0——5——10
________^

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski - help me understand what you are talking about here.
The way I see it (in my twisted mind) is that no matter what, your suction is still coming up through the grates... where sediment can cause damage. With current OEM reverse all of your reverse thrust is pushed under the boat at an estimated ~45deg angle on the vertical axis and could easily stir up the river bed.
With the LT up to 30% of that thrust is now directed almost purely horizontally and would not be pushing forced water onto the floor bed, but rather provide true lateral thrust. Any funnel effect should be with external flow, pushing debris away. The intake volume coming through the grates should not increase due to the LT as they are solely in place to redirect the outward flow of water. If anything they will help not stir up as much debris from the river bed.

Am I looking at this backwards?
The LTs do not disturb anything.
I'm talking about the LTs (themselves) becoming clogged up with debris, albeit single would be a lot more prone to that because of the design, the twin - IDK.

That is currently my only reservation, and the reason I'm waiting for more reviews. I'm considering the LTs vs doing nothing or trying the new OEM nozzles/buckets.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a little video of me docking today. At least this is what it seemed like.

Thanks @JetBoatPilot
They work fantastically. Just what these boats needed.

Like-O-Meter
0——5——10
________^
You got my full attention!
When you have a chance, hope you can post some more detail.
Do you need to split binnacles/throttles?

--

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything making it thru had already passed by the impellers.... It would get caught there, I think.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything making it thru had already passed by the impellers.... It would get caught there, I think.
No. Stuff (debris/small gravel) absolutely does go through without any impeller damage. For example, a reverse gate/bucket gets stuck (jammed up with debris) all the time, I have had that happen two or three times in as many years.

--

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got the LTEs but did not get a chance to install. The cavities look huge, I'm not worried of anything that could pass the impeller being an issue there.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the LTEs but did not get a chance to install. The cavities look huge, I'm not worried of anything that could pass the impeller being an issue there.
That's what I needed to know!

--