• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot needs your help! Installed SeaDek Pics Needed!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I will gladly take some professional pictures if you want to send me a kit for a SX210 :cool:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just finished the install today. The wife was skeptical when I ordered it (but I did it anyway). Now that it's in, she agrees it was money well spent.

Smoke Gray over Black - 2017 242X

20180409_163333.jpg 20180409_163321.jpg 20180409_160022.jpg 20180409_155358.jpg 20180409_153044.jpg 20180402_160153.jpg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished the install today. The wife was skeptical when I ordered it (but I did it anyway). Now that it's in, she agrees it was money well spent.

Smoke Gray over Black - 2017 242X

View attachment 71619 View attachment 71620 View attachment 71621 View attachment 71622 View attachment 71623 View attachment 71624
Man - you will love it. Makes the entire stern area of the boat so much more usable.

"The wife was skeptical when I ordered it (but I did it anyway). Now that it's in, she agrees it was money well spent. " - had the EXACT SAME experience. My wife even started trusting my judgement, a little bit, after that purchase.

Unfortunately, I have since abused her trust and it is gone now. I have to get very creative these days.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man - you will love it. Makes the entire stern area of the boat so much more usable.

"The wife was skeptical when I ordered it (but I did it anyway). Now that it's in, she agrees it was money well spent. " - had the EXACT SAME experience. My wife even started trusting my judgement, a little bit, after that purchase.

Unfortunately, I have since abused her trust and it is gone now. I have to get very creative these days.

--
I agree. My only grip on this is I so wish there was a stipe between the boarding step and the long seadek back there. Seems there is a void there and I've seen people slip there. Not sure why the stipe don't go all the way down?

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@F.M. Not to be too picky but why is the grain on the bow locker piece running left to right instead of front to back? I bet JBP will replace that for you if you ask nicely. That's a fabrication mistake.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@F.M. Not to be too picky but why is the grain on the bow locker piece running left to right instead of front to back? I bet JBP will replace that for you if you ask nicely. That's a fabrication mistake.
ROTF, you got me.

--

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The piece on the anchor locker lid is from the factory not JBP, so I don't know.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The piece on the anchor locker lid is from the factory not JBP, so I don't know.
I'm pretty sure sure AZ was just pulling your leg.
He got me though! I started looking for pics from when I had to redo my anchor locker:
upload_2018-4-11_0-4-40.png

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And here is a SeaDek follow up: plan on redoing all the snap holes in the deck - those drive me crazy. I initially used 5200 but it is starting to look ugly, must fix it.
So far, just ordered my paste kit from iBoats:
upload_2018-4-11_0-6-50.png

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally. Now Just waiting for the dual density on the back platform. Dang back order. Errr...

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I'm tired of waiting too! We have tons of customers wanting it and can't get it! They are working on a new process to laminate the layers together so they don't delaminate. It is going to happen, but these things take time...grrr...

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I'm tired of waiting too! We have tons of customers wanting it and can't get it! They are working on a new process to laminate the layers together so they don't delaminate. It is going to happen, but these things take time...grrr...
Lol No worries. Not your fault. I just hope they get this thing resolved before Memorial day. If I can get by then I will be good lol.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure sure AZ was just pulling your leg.
He got me though! I started looking for pics from when I had to redo my anchor locker:
View attachment 71713
--
@F.M. I’m not kidding. Take a close look at your photo. I’m not talking about the teak style cuts in the black layer, I’m talking about the actual wood grain in the simulated teak. The new side pieces run bow to stearn. The bow locker grain runs port to starboard. Sorry I pointed it out. Sometimes ignorance IS bliss.
FE730DE9-5AD1-4FC9-94C5-E6EBD90CDA10.png

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@F.M. I’m not kidding. Take a close look at your photo. I’m not talking about the teak style cuts in the black layer, I’m talking about the actual wood grain in the simulated teak. The new side pieces run bow to stearn. The bow locker grain runs port to starboard. Sorry I pointed it out. Sometimes ignorance IS bliss.
View attachment 71734
No, that is one of the first things I noticed when I installed the other 2 pieces beside it. But it's from Yamaha not JBP.

Maybe JBP will feel sorry for me and send me that piece. :D:D

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 71734
You devil. Now I need to look at mine. Lmao.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You devil. Now I need to look at mine. Lmao.
More precisely “Sun Devil”. I’m an ASU Alum.

@F.M. I know for a fact that JBP sells the individual pieces out of the kits. Maybe this will be a group buy opportunity.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More precisely “Sun Devil”. I’m an ASU Alum.

@F.M. I know for a fact that JBP sells the individual pieces out of the kits. Maybe this will be a group buy opportunity.
Hahaha Nice. Well since you pointed that out, I'm sure most of us will be in for such a group buy. lol