• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Perfect Pass Group Buy

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
9 units at close of business today.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will have to watch this closely. I have other $$ obligations this year otherwise I would be in on this buy right away. If I can shake loose some funds in time I will buy, if not, I am hoping you can get another group buy going again mabe next winter...

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bruce is correct, 3.5 inches.

20150131_100932.jpg

I have to admit, I was excited to climb up under the cover to get this shot. Not quite the fix I need but it felt good. Come on spring!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I am convinced so I sent my email to will.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I hope this doesn't come off as complaining ( I am still in and buying), but I am kind of disappointed the single engine price break is not the same as the twins. Maybe there is a legitimate reason, but there is a $150 difference between the two normally, plus shipping. There is a $150 price break ( plus free shipping) for the twins but only $100 for the single. Maybe I am missing an obvious reason why, but it makes no sense to me. Off my rant and I have my wife's blessing :)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain, the price for both is $4 less than last year. PerfectPass is very controlling of prices. This is the best that Will can do.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Bruce Oh I know there is nothing Will can do and I am sure I came off sounding bad or whiney, but I'm not. I just thought the price break would/should be the same especially since the single engine has less parts to it. That is all :) Fifty bucks in the grand (pun) scheme of things is trivial at this point. It's the best mod many have made and I would have paid full price

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot will, how we going on the group by?? did we hit the minimum amount of units??

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a thread (Or link) to installation instructions?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am not sure how Gary structures his pricing but I am sure like us he has his reasons. By the way we just hit 13 units if all of them hold up. So we're in the clear. Only 12 more units remain for this group buy before it closes.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there a thread (Or link) to installation instructions?
I have a manual for the 240/242 series from tech support at PerfectPass. I assume it's fine to post here in the spirit of driving business for them.

It does not look too complicated for DIY, but I was hoping for more specific instructions in some cases. For example: "remove speedometer in the center of the dash and install the perfectpass display" assumes that this step is easy to do. I have not checked into it yet, but based on similar experience I expect a few head scratching moments trying to get the part done without damaging the dash, etc.

Also, there are no details on mounting the servos. Do you need to drill into the wall to mount them? Basic self-tapping screws? Any best practices? Not a lot there in terms of "installation tips".

I realize they have dealers who make $ installing these too...so if it gets ugly I can probably bail out and have a dealer do the work.

Still on the fence. sorting it all out in the next day or so with multiple other priorities...

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have watched a few install videos for perfect pass and it all looks straight forward and simple. Hardest part would probably be adjusting the throttles?

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
OK, just emailed Will, so I'm IN!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot ....Just double checking....still nothing for the 2015's right?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am going to be at the Miami boat show but will not be in the Yamaha display. I will be in the SeaDek booth and the Riva Yamaha booth helping support their shows.

The 2015 240 Perfect Pass mount adapter is in development but no major breakthroughs at the moment. We are early in the development process.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good deal!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So turns out no love for the canucks for this group buy, unable to ship to Canadian addresses... So guess I'm out unless some fine member is willing to to ship to me after receiving. Send me a PM if you're willing to help a guy out.