• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoatPilot Ratchet Tie Down Tutorial Video

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Guys,

Many people have had trouble with learning how to use the ratcheting tie downs on the new Yamaha 240's. This video illustrates how to use them effortlessly.

great video, now Fulton and Boatbuckle need to improve their quality so I don't have to replace their buckles on average once a year. (the retracting coil/spring assembly loves to break on these things)...

I have had good luck with my BoatBuckles and consider them one of the best upgrades that I have made. Glad to see all the new 24' boats coming with these type of tie downs.

My boat buckles are in their 8th season. Can't see how they could be better.

Nice! I didn't know these came standard on the 24 footers now.

Until about a month later the retraction stops working from salt and other crap. But i still love them. I installed on my ski trailer too.
and yes i always clean and rinse them out after any use.

Last edited:
Until about a month later the retraction stops working from salt and other crap. But i still love them. I installed on my ski trailer too.
and yes i always clean and rinse them out after any use.

I only use mine in freshwater and they still break.

Nice video but I'm sorry, if you need a video to use the tie down straps should you really be driving a boat? What's next how add gas and which way your boat will go when you turn the steering wheel? Nothing against JBP, nice video, just scares me if someone needs it.

Nice video but I'm sorry, if you need a video to use the tie down straps should you really be driving a boat? What's next how add gas and which way your boat will go when you turn the steering wheel? Nothing against JBP, nice video, just scares me if someone needs it.

Knowing Will, if he is making a video of something, it is because he is getting plenty of questions about it. So you should be scared.

i enjoy any video that JBP puts together whether i need it or not. thanks for posting it.

I just know that many people have struggled with how to operate these so we thought this was an easy video to shoot and maybe help someone out.

I took my fultons off my boat and put them on my dad's boat and he couldn't figure it out. I think it's "if you can't use an andoid, give them an iphone" syndrome. That said... I use an iphone.

Still doesn't change the fact that the stupid spring fails 3 times out of 10.

I agree the video was a nice touch as the Fulton's seem a little more complex than my boat buckles, which are in their 4th season with no issues. I use mine exclusively in the ocean so I got the stainless steel version and rinse them after each dunking.

Back