• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Thrust Vector/Lateral Thuster Group Buy 2020

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just emailed JBP to get in on the GB for Lateral Thrusters! Didn't know these existed.

For anyone who has cut their older model of Thrust Vectors:

Is the cutting on my existing/older set of TV's a real PITA?
Is there any other advantage to the newest model of Thrust Vectors (other than NOT having to trim)?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just emailed JBP to get in on the GB for Lateral Thrusters! Didn't know these existed.

For anyone who has cut their older model of Thrust Vectors:

Is the cutting on my existing/older set of TV's a real PITA?
Is there any other advantage to the newest model of Thrust Vectors (other than NOT having to trim)?
It's mainly the inconvenience of having to trim. Also cosmetically the Fins do not look that great after the trim but should still perform well.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's mainly the inconvenience of having to trim. Also cosmetically the Fins do not look that great after the trim but should still perform well.

Thanks Will. I just watched your vid showing the newer TV X is wider and uses 2 springs vs the older version TV that's a bit narrower and uses 1 spring. I'm adding the TV X to my order now.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Thanks Will. I just watched your vid showing the newer TV X is wider and uses 2 springs vs the older version TV that's a bit narrower and uses 1 spring. I'm adding the TV X to my order now.
Good deal! Thanks!

bmead21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good deal! Thanks!
Bought our boat last month and it came with Thrust Vector XVs already installed. Looks like they need to be trimmed to work with Lateral Thrusters. How much material needs to be trimmed off and any recommendations on what to cut them with?

Also, the middle connecting piece has the paint flaking off. Any suggestion on which paint to repaint with? (Pic attached)

Attachments

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't want to speak for anyone else by me. I have good results cutting plastic with a Dremel cutoff wheel. But measure twice, cut once lol. Use blue painter's tape and mark, then cut in the middle of the taped section to keep the cut clean and straight (mark with a sharpee, etc). Cut at about half speed on the Dremel, otherwise the plastic will just melt as you go along the marked line on your blue tape. I am buying the newer version of the Thrust Vectors so I don't need to cut, but mainly because the newer TV fins are wider apart, from what I understand anyway.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just emailed my order for LT’s - thanks for offering this!!

lamename1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just emailed my order in. Great idea putting this together!

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals! JetBoatPilot is pleased to announce that we're hosting a group buy exclusively for JetBoaters.Net members, starting today and ending Aug 31, 2020.

Rules & Guidelines are as follows:

Participation Levels/Discounts

Lateral Thrusters (For 2003-2018 Year Model Yamaha Boats)

1-10 Lateral Thrusters: 10% Discount
11-15 Lateral Thrusters: 15% Discount
16-20 Lateral Thrusters: 20% Discount
21-25 Lateral Thrusters: 25% Discount
26-34 Lateral Thrusters: 30% Discount
35+ Lateral Thrusters: 35% Discount

Thrust Vector X For Yamaha Boats, Thrust Vector for Non-Yamaha Models) (Excludes Wake Models)
1-10 Thrust Vectors: 10% Discount
11-15 Thrust Vectors: 15% Discount
16-20 Thrust Vectors: 20% Discount
21-25 Thrust Vectors: 25% Discount
26-34 Thrust Vectors: 30% Discount
35+ Thrust Vectors: 35% Discount

Thrust Vector Wake is not included in the group buy at this time. Due to shortages in inventory we have decided to exclude Thrust Vector Wake from the group buy.

RULES

This event includes both Lateral Thrusters and Thrust Vector X, plus Thrust Vector for BRP powered boats. You are not required to buy both items during this event. You may buy one or both based on your needs.

If buying both be advised that combo prices will not be applicable during this sale. Additionally trade in programs such as TV Upgrade and Cobra Fin Trade will not be active during this event.

To participate customers must be a member of JetBoaters.Net and have an active User ID. Customers must email or call our offices and place their orders. We'll put the order in a folder and add it to the count total. Once the max discount level is achieved we'll begin collecting payments. If max discount levels are achieved for a particular product and if all who have committed to buy complete their order and pay, we'll begin shipping early. If we do not hit max discount levels we'll begin charging credit cards at the end of the month and shipments will begin after that. If customers want to pay full price early and receive their order immediately they may do so, with the understanding that they will get refunded the final adjusted discount once the group buy closes on August 31st. This may buy them another month of boat usage with the product on the boat.

Taxes will apply to orders which have Florida delivery addresses and are based on the county of delivery. Domestic shipping rates during this event are $17.95 for individual items and $26.95 for multi item orders. International orders must get shipping quotes. We use UPS for international shipping.

Customers who have older versions of Thrust Vector, Thrust Vector XL and Thrust Vector XV will need to have us e-mail a copy of the Trim Template in order to add Lateral Thrusters to their Thrust Vector equipped boat. Current Thrust Vector X product is fully compatible with Lateral Thruster.

Lateral Thrusters are incompatible with other steering systems. If a customer chooses to combine Lateral Thrusters with another aftermarket steering system, and, if there is ever a warranty claim, we may not be able to honor our limited Lateral Thruster warranty.

Customers may call 850-867-1410 to order by phone or email sales@jetboatpilot.com. Must provide Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Year, Make and Model Of Boat, Product Desired Including Color and JB.Net User ID. Online orders will be charged at regular prices during this event so please call or email if you intend to participate.
We installed the Thrust Vectors over the weekend and yesterday too k our 242SE on the water, WOW, what a difference in performance and steering capability, very responsive both at slow and fast speed. Was a lot easier for docking which we did several time and loading back onto the trailer in choppy water was much easier. Thank everyone at JBP. Have a great week everyone.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have been talking about doing this for months now. Cant wait for the SeaDek group buy!
they gonna have matching colors for the 195s cool interior? as of right now the gray does not match. all 3 colors 🧐

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
they gonna have matching colors for the 195s cool interior? as of right now the gray does not match. all 3 colors 🧐
The color match won't be ready until Spring at the earliest. We're working on it but it takes a lot of time since the raw material maker is in China. Sorry.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Drozdiak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just sent my email order in.

Deanlip

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just submitted my order for TV X

Brutus_Tx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just joined JB.Net today and was doing a search on low speed maneuvering and fell into this group buy. I bought a new to me 2011 AR210 that needs this desperately. Email sent and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow to discuss merits of the LT in combination with the VT for my model year. I haven't searched enough threads yet to form an opinion on my own. So happy I joined this forum today.

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Bummed - I intended to make the call yesterday and life got in the way. Congrats to those who scored a great deal!