• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot - Yamaha Jet Boat Throttle Sync Cable Adjustment Video

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

This video will help you to understand how to adjust your throttle cables if they are out of sync from the factory.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce does this work on the older boats such as my 2008 SX230HO? I noticed up at Lake Powell last week my Port Engine would get up to 10K, Starboard Engine only 9500K, I need to adjust the cables is my guess.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce does this work on the older boats such as my 2008 SX230HO? I noticed up at Lake Powell last week my Port Engine would get up to 10K, Starboard Engine only 9500K, I need to adjust the cables is my guess.
This is the procedure for the 1.8 liter boats. Do you have the service manual? It details the procedure for our MR-1 powered boats. I have been fortunate not to need to use it

The only time my boat was showing significantly lower RPMs on one engine I needed to change the spark plugs.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are off just a bit so I will be adjusting mine soon. I don't have a service manual for the 2015 AR240. Is the adjustment the same? @Bruce

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine are off just a bit so I will be adjusting mine soon. I don't have a service manual for the 2015 AR240. Is the adjustment the same? @Bruce
I believe so.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the procedure for the 1.8 liter boats. Do you have the service manual? It details the procedure for our MR-1 powered boats. I have been fortunate not to need to use it

The only time my boat was showing significantly lower RPMs on one engine I needed to change the spark plugs.
I have changed the plugs twice since I have owned the boat and the impellers are perfect, boat has roughly 80 hours on it now - it definitely needs the cables adjusted in my opinion. I do not have a service manual, just the owners manual.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will find the procedure for you tomorrow. Could you write up the process for others to follow?
Yes Sir, with pictures!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, exactly like in the video clip.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will find the procedure for you tomorrow. Could you write up the process for others to follow?
@Bruce Last time I had the boat out at Lake Havasu both engines were running even at 10,000 RPM's, the cables are still off a little bit as far as Starboard could use a little more throw. But having both running at 10K made me happy. Only thing I did to the boat was put on the new speedo pickup which has nothing to do with the throttles.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too have un even engine rpm when using throttle sync except at WOT where they run together at 10,200. But if i use throttle sync at lower rpms, there can be a 200rpm difference in the engines. The boat seams to be running good i see 48.6 on gps speedo. Is this something to do with different impellor pitches? Is this normal? Is this adjustable? The problem does not seem linear. My throttles are mechanical and not as in the video and at WOT both are up against the stops.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Edit the post above...At WOT port rpms 10,200, starboard rpms 10,100+ish so one engine is off by a few rpm. Will wait til spring to diagnose/adjust.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I know you are done for the season, but did you get this issue resolved? Do your engines "sync" when throttles are locked together? My mechanical throttles are off by 100rpm at WOT and greater rpms diff. at lower rpm. I guess i will wait till next spring after new plugs, filters and oil etc. installed to test/adjust.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I know you are done for the season, but did you get this issue resolved? Do your engines "sync" when throttles are locked together? My mechanical throttles are off by 100rpm at WOT and greater rpms diff. at lower rpm. I guess i will wait till next spring after new plugs, filters and oil etc. installed to test/adjust.
I have not had a chance to do it yet, the last couple of lake trips my RPM's were much closer at WOT, they still need a little adjustment to make them identical, I will try to adjust and post a thread over the Winter. Here is the adjustment document if you want to tackle yours before I have time.

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I just acquired a 2007 ar sx230 ho complete service manual electronically, the file you posted is part of it. If you do not have complete document, I can return the favor. It is too large to attach here. 22Mb, 08 should be the same.

Last edited:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I just acquired a 2007 ar sx230 ho complete service manual electronically, the file you posted is part of it. If you do not have complete document, I can return the favor. It is too large to attach here. 22Mb, 08 should be the same.
PM'd you my email address, thanks!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sent, you are welcome.

dman530

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This video will help you to understand how to adjust your throttle cables if they are out of sync from the factory.
@Bruce, your site says these are out of stock, do you know when you will have more?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length