• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jgorm's 04 ar230 build

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Yea I have some orther stuff I bought don't remember the name I will look when I get home but it didn't work either

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a wakeboard rack off this site, but it was crap. I should have researched better. It didn't clamp and my innertube didn't work well. you can see it rotated down. (For the second time)
20180817_185142.jpg

I cut the ends off and added a set screw. Problem solved.
20180826_190935.jpg

20180829_171153.jpg
It would have been real easy, but i broke a tap inside it. I left it there. I'm kinda bummed the boat isn't here to work on. I already need something to do so the Jeep is next. I won't bore you with this one.
20180829_171928.jpg

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Beachbummer you were right, it was the gauge. I tested the new float and the gauge didn't respond. I taped it a few times, then it worked. I juggled the wires in the back and it started working perfect. I attempted to replace the float anyway, but the screws are too long for the new style. I put the old float back in. We'll see how it works. Remember to buy new shorter screws if you need to replace the float. They don't sell the old one anymore. The gasket holes are not symmetrical either. You need to rotate it until all the holes line up.
20180908_211645.jpg

The kids did awesome kneeboarding tandem! They kept giving until i was at adult speed. Shelley (7yo) crossed the wake 2x kneeling on the wake surfer. Johnny (5yo) couldn't cut hard enough to get over the wake, but he tried! They rode 30+ minutes and had a blast. That makes it all worthwhile!
20180908_120705.jpg

I've decided to move forward with a full metal bimini made of 8020 t slot. Custom biminis will be too much work. It was hot AF, about 108 and we got cooked. Bimini is top priority now.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot that i also got the throttle synced. It was off about 3/4" off (port 3/4 lower for same rpm). I adjusted it at the air filter box until both engines went about 4k rpm at the same time (boat on trailer). I'll verify it on the next trip, but it was a pain to drive before. That 2k to 4k rpm jump happens with hardly any throttle.

I'll update this thread on my metal bimini top progress.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/crazy-idea-bimini-out-of-t-slot-aluminum.18799/

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've decided to move forward with a full metal bimini made of 8020 t slot.
Keep us posted! Looking forward to that.
Love your work, man. Thanks for sharing.

--

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a garage door on the boat storage. 16x12'. I'm not sure I'll get to the other side before boating season, but at least it's protected from the West side. I had to build the sides to support the door and weld them to the structure. Lots of welding for the center spring support. I'll be stoked when i can pull in, leave all the boards on the racks, stuff in the boat, close and lock the doors and head home. It's pull through so i don't even need to back it in.

Attachments

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's been a while since an update. I got the boat garage enclosed over the winter. New fuel sender works awesome. Bimini top still going strong but more mods for a 3' flip out rear section for the winter. I put a second stereo remote at the helm. The garmin gos plotter is awesome for knowing how i drove around sand bars on the way up river when I'm coming with the sun refecting on the water. I've probably used at least 100 gallons of gas this season already with no issues other than the stupid grass that gets wrapped around the shafts.
20200711_145514.jpg
20200426_165550.jpg
20200426_134605.jpg
20200710_133202.jpg

okula225

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 72039
I added 3 switches. One for the tower amp, one for the new bildge pump (on, off, auto float), and one for the future. All soldered. View attachment 72041
Got the sub in. I ran out of time to test it and I'm off to la to see my sister. The switches are just above the sub. I'll remove the screws and plug the holes once the 5200 cures.
How did you run the switches? Do they kill individual amps to conserver power?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you run the switches? Do they kill individual amps to conserver power?
There is access to under the helm of you pull out the cup holder. I turn off the tower speakers when i don't need everyone to hear my music.