• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jiabano

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed the genius. No pic. I suck. Honestly, it's just laying in there now anyway. Couldn't decide where to mount it, so it sits there.

I did finally drink enough liquid courage to drill a hole in the side of my boat though!

1.jpg

2.jpg

And threw the throttle sync on-

3.jpg

And the VHF-

4.jpg

Tried to do the VHF antenna, but the dam thing doesn't come apart like I thought so I pretty much only succeeded in ruining it. Also tried to do the GPS, but my mount sucks. Ordering a new mount for that and a new VHF antenna this evening.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What antenna and mount did you try to use initially? Where are you mounting it? And what are you replacing it with?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks great, @PolarXJ . I kinda wanted on top of the tower for range...but at the same time, that one time I year I'll use it I can't imagine it really matters.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That combo @PolarXJ has sounds like it would suit your needs very well. Especially if you can get a waterproof screw on cap for it. Dunno how you would get it mounted to your tower though :p.

I really like the Shakespeare mounts. They are very high quality. I mounted one to my tower recently. Will be taking pictures of it next weekend hopefully if I can remember to :).

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the tower mount idea as long as I can screw it off. I figure I can get away with a 3-4' antenna that way and still have great range. And, as you pointed out, as long as I can get/make a waterproof cap for the base. That one that PolarXJ linked looks like I can just get a standard pvc cap and some teflon tape and cap pretty easily, and I doubt the range will realistically matter to me all that much.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It comes with a little white cap on it in the package. It is what I will be using on mine when the antenna is not in use. I'm sure you could go buy a screw on PVC cap for it though.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We need to get some of these NC boats together this summer!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you like the throttle sync? I love the idea, just seems like a hefty price tag for what it is.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you like the throttle sync? I love the idea, just seems like a hefty price tag for what it is.
Well, I think I love it? lol. I'm OCD as hell. I haven't driven mine yet, but test drove another 242 before buying mine, and, well, my hand just isn't straight enough to keep the throttles exactly even as I'd like. So, it was a no brainer for me. If it does nothing at all other than keeping my OCD happy, it was worth it to me.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ended up working all dam day installing an upgraded turbo/exhaust on my TDI, but still got a little something done to the boat when I got home. Relocated the auxiliary plug into the helm compartment and installed a Wetsounds WW-BT-VC bluetooth controller in it's place. Had to enlarge the hole very slightly, and this connects to my now hidden aux port. I was gonna go with the 420-BT unit, but I like how I can control the music with this guy. I'll probably still add the 420-SQ later.

ws.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Regarding ThrottleSync... I have it, I seldom use it. The issue is how closely you can calibrate you engine throttles relative to your impeller pitch differences. I find I am always twisting my throttles with the throttle sync enabled to try and get my RPM's to match as to avoid the annoying noise of the engines at different RPM.

My wife uses it more than I do, though. She likes it because she doesn't like to manage both throttles.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Re: Throttlesync...My wife is a lefty, so she absolutely loves it. I find it handy for longer distance cruising. I keep it "off" or open any time near buoys, docks, marinas, etc. as I like the dual throttle control for those situations.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More on Throttlesync....looks, feels, and works like OEM. Install could not have been easier.