• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL audio speaker HELP

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys. I got my cockpit speakers and sub installed by a pro a little over a year ago. Sound was great but out of nowhere by bow starboard speaker does not work. When power is on all you hear is static almost like a fan blowing. I never ran these loud enough to blow them to the best of my knowledge. I unscrewed the speaker to see if a wire came undone but everything looks plugged in and the wires go into a conduit that runs all the way to the amp. wires appear to be plugged in the amp as well. Not sure what I should do. Contact JL for warranty work?

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s also just as bad to underpowered speakers as well. Sounds like you’ve done some of the simple test. I would take out both front speakers and hook the blown speaker up to the other side. This should confirm either the speaker is truly blown or if it plays then you know you need to chase the other wires.