• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL Audio update in 2021 210 FSH

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally got all my parts delivered for my audio update. I will be using stock head unit, 4 - JL Audio MX 650's, 1 - MX10IB3 subwoofer, 1 - JL M800 amp.
As for part list, I basically copied orexismd install and he has listed the equipment needed so here is link to his thread which has much better details. The only real difference is I used 4 gauge wire from battery to helm and instead of using two amps, I went with one larger one. https://jetboaters.net/threads/fsh-210-sport-audio-upgrade.22347/

I would like to add two more speakers in back of boat but not sure yet how to gain access like orexismd

I ran 4 gauge wires from battery compartment to engine compartment and then over fuel tank and directly to helm. Not hard at all and only one hole between engine and battery compartment. I used gray split wire tubing for the battery wires

Engine compartment where wire runs into battery compartment
IMG_9024.jpg

Used hole already from engine compartment to fuel tank compartment
IMG_9023.jpg

Looking at gray tubing above the fuel tank
IMG_9025.jpg

As you can guess my theory is to run more cable than not enough. I had plenty of wire left over.
IMG_9030.jpg

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can't remember currently, but I'm pretty sure I cut an extra hole in that forward engine compartment wall. You can also try the hole just to the side of that center hole where the steering cables run.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got the JL Audio 6.5's installed, including one 10" sub.

IMG_9029.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is the 3/4" board which I installed hinges in case I needed to lift up and have easy access to wires underneath. I could have used L brackets but I already had stainless steel hinges so used them instead.

IMG_9036.jpg

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And finally, I got it all hooked up and connected to battery. Sounds much better but still have some tweaking to do.

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9054.jpg

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nice work! in that last photo did you just hook up to your house battery via the negative and positive terminals?

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nice work! in that last photo did you just hook up to your house battery via the negative and positive terminals?
If you look close there is a gray color conduit that has the negative and positive 4g wires coming from the helm (where amp is mounted). The negative goes straight to the negative side of house battery. The Positive goes to the circuit breaker mounted near house battery switch. Then from the circuit breaker there is a another positive 4g wire going to the house battery switch. And of course the house battery switch is connected to positive side of house battery.
Some people bypass the house battery switch and just connect straight to the positive side of house battery but I wanted to be able to turn off everything with one turn of a switch.