• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought 2017 AR 190, is the ribbon delete applicable to this model year?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AJACHIM

I did not use the Riva Spacer. No idea how that thing works. Don't leave the rubber in there if you take the ribbon out.

I did not use loctite on the TB bolts when I put them back. Good bad or indifferent it's still working acceptably.

I attempted to remove the snorkel the other day and it was more difficult than I cared to mess with with. I'm still running the stock air box and filter.

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
snorkel: just use a flat head screw driver and pry the damn thing out.
the sleeve: it's stupid...waste of money. just take it out and reinstall.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
snorkel: just use a flat head screw driver and pry the damn thing out.
the sleeve: it's stupid...waste of money. just take it out and reinstall.
A note on this for the OP.

Do not leave the rubber in there by itself. Had another member do that, sucked it through and tore up some internals. I'll have to dig up the thread.

I pulled the ribbon and the rubber piece, and put nothing back.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never heard of anyone being unhappy with ribbon delete in the 1.8N/A. They sound and work better. May be a touch louder, but the 190 is stupid loud to start with!

I would see this as a must do mod.
It’s reversible, too, lol.

People are very rarely unhappy with the own decisions on something like this. It's called confirmation bias.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the ribbon delete on my 17 240 and I've been happy with it.