• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought a 1991 Ultranautics Jet Star 1250

Crazygreek86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I recently bought a 1991 Ultranautics Jetstar 1250. Love the boat. Just have one problem and I'm hoping I can get answers here. I have alot of water in the hull Everytime it hits the water and I can't figure out where it's coming from. No holes in the hull that I can see. The steering boot is also in good shape. Where is my boat leaking from? Can someone please help me? Thank you.

Did you try spraying flex spray on the hull

I recently bought a 1991 Ultranautics Jetstar 1250. Love the boat. Just have one problem and I'm hoping I can get answers here. I have alot of water in the hull Everytime it hits the water and I can't figure out where it's coming from. No holes in the hull that I can see. The steering boot is also in good shape. Where is my boat leaking from? Can someone please help me? Thank you.

Questions cost pictures :)

When you take the boat out of the water, no water comes out anywhere correct? If there was a hole letting it in, out of the water should let it back out...unless the angle on the trailer doesn’t allow for the water to make its way back out the same leak....

Have you contacted the old owner?

Pictures of all 4 sides will help with any diagnosis as well.

And of course Welcome!!!!

check seals between pump and motor. On dry land fill hull with water just over motor base. ALSO RETORGUE mounting bolts between pump and motor. That seal wears after heavy use.

Questions cost pictures :)

When you take the boat out of the water, no water comes out anywhere correct? If there was a hole letting it in, out of the water should let it back out...unless the angle on the trailer doesn’t allow for the water to make its way back out the same leak....

Have you contacted the old owner?

Pictures of all 4 sides will help with any diagnosis as well.

And of course Welcome!!!!
I have a 97 seadoo sporters in need of motor. 713 cc??? plus electronics
anyone have motor source

Is the water in the hull warm or cool? Cool water = lake water. Warm water = engine water (from the cooling system).

Assuming it is cool water, yes, fill the hull with water when you are on land and look to see where it is coming out (helps usually if you crank up the bow a bit--most leaks are aft).

If it is warm water, then you will need to trace cooling lines and see if you have a hose clamp off or half off or a split hose or something.

And, indeed, welcome!

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 1989 Jetstar 1250 with the 60 hp 2 stroke motor. I know nothing about this boat at all and have a couple of "newbie" questions for those that have owned one of these cool boats.
Question 1: I know it is a 2 stroke motor but I do not see any oil tank for oil injection. Do you have to premix gas/oil in the tank and if so what is the ratio?
Question 2: I see some pictures of these motors that have a garden hose connector T attached inline with the hose at the bottom of the left side of the motor. Is this so you can attach a hose and safely run the motor on land? Mine does not have this, can it be done on this motor?
Question 3: Mine has a small inline 12v gas pump installed under the dash area by the steering wheel. was this intended to run at all times when the motor is running or just to prime the lines before starting?

Thanks in advance for any help, I really want to get this thing on the water.
IMG_0199 (2).PNGIMG_0200 (2).PNGIMG_0202 (2).PNG

Back