• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just bought lx2000

Slick Rick lx2000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
The navigation and dash lights kept acting up put new switch in still would have an intermittent inoperation and now no dash or nav lights are working at all. Trying to get working to take out at night for 4th of july any advice on what could be tbe problem would greatly be appreciated. Circuit breaker not popped. 2002 yamaha lx2000 20ft jet boat

Electrical gremlins are the worst!! My guess would be to check the sockets that the lights go into. I bet there is some corrosion or they are just not making contact all the time.

Also welcome to the board!!!

Welcome Aboard!

I would start with just the wires and one light at a time. Connect them up until you get a light working then move on to the next.

Swap the the wires off the circuit breaker with a breaker beside it that you know the switch works. Have seen them not pop, but still be bad/intermittent. And welcome to the site!

Welcome aboard @Slick Rick lx2000 Those electrical issues are usually a simple fix, but tough to find. I'd add to the list above to check the battery condition, battery connections (remove any corrosion) and get a test lamp and follow the power from the source right up to the back of the dash.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Back