• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@Help Navigation Light Issue

CaptainTrips87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@HELP - went out after dark for the first time with our 212ss and found out that our navigation lights do not work.

wondering if anyone has any clue which one of these fuses would be for the navigation lights. Can’t find a fuse diagram online that shows what each fuse goes to, and I don’t want to pull every fuse on both sides looking.

tried pressing the button next to the navigation light switch, and that did not work. Any ideas / help are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None of those,
Do your lights on the dash work?
If so i would guess wiring issue,
If not there is a fuse on the wall by the battery

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Suggestion:
Get a fuse puller and some dielectric grease. Pull every fuse while you are looking for the blown one, and smear a little dab of dielectric grease on each blade before you put it back in.

If you do not have one already, get a fuse assortment and keep it on the boat. Most assortment kits come with a small fuse puller. Some of the kits come with a battery powered continuity tester so you can check the fuses.

If you get a small multimeter you can check for voltage on the fuse test points to see which fuse is bad as well, simply clip the multimeter ground lead to ground and use the positive lead to touch each point. That’s probably the easiest way to find the bad fuse next to pulling them and using a continuity tester. After looking up your manual I can see I put the arrows pointing at the spare fuses..

And as @Scottintexas points out the manual shows the two ACC fuse holders, one is a 20A the other is a 15A.

B9848A7B-C570-443D-83E5-840B0D866FDE.jpeg

Had a look at your manual on line… looks like there is a fuse puller in the cap.. neat. Also looks like the left hand bank of fuses are spares.. how cool is that?

94B1714C-5DAB-410D-8B13-665BE5EBDF0C.jpeg

Last edited:

CaptainTrips87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
None of those,
Do your lights on the dash work?
If so i would guess wiring issue,
If not there is a fuse on the wall by the battery
The lights on the dash / switch are coming on when I flip them, just no actual nav lights

CaptainTrips87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Suggestion:
Get a fuse puller and some dielectric grease. Pull every fuse while you are looking for the blown one, and smear a little dab of dielectric grease on each blade before you put it back in.

If you do not have one already, get a fuse assortment and keep it on the boat. Most assortment kits come with a small fuse puller. Some of the kits come with a battery powered continuity tester so you can check the fuses.

If you get a small multimeter you can check for voltage on the fuse test points to see which fuse is bad as well, simply clip the multimeter ground lead to ground and use the positive lead to touch each point. That’s probably the easiest way to find the bad fuse next to pulling them and using a continuity tester. After looking up your manual I can see I put the arrows pointing at the spare fuses..

And as @Scottintexas points out the manual shows the two ACC fuse holders, one is a 20A the other is a 15A.

View attachment 183989

Had a look at your manual on line… looks like there is a fuse puller in the cap.. neat. Also looks like the left hand bank of fuses are spares.. how cool is that?

View attachment 183990
That is awesome! Weird that it doesn’t show the second fuse holder. There is one over each engine, but at least now I know that the left column of fuses are spares!