• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just Got a 2012 SX190

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
Just got a 2012 SX190. Used to have an '06 SX210 a few years back, so I'm pretty familiar with the Yamaha boats.
Anything specific to the 190's that I should look out for?
Had it out twice already, and everything seems pretty good so far.
Thanks!

Last edited:

caseyacts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeff, 2 years in, how are you liking your 2012 sx190? I am picking mine up tomorrow and have never owned a jet boat. I had a 90hp ski boat in the 90’s but everything is new to me. Thoughts on your boat? Suggestions for anything? I have 3 daughters who want to do all the activities… I am probably going to add lateral thrusters and thrust vectors before I try it out in the spring. I live in NC! Thanks for any info!

oakley24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Jeff, 2 years in, how are you liking your 2012 sx190? I am picking mine up tomorrow and have never owned a jet boat. I had a 90hp ski boat in the 90’s but everything is new to me. Thoughts on your boat? Suggestions for anything? I have 3 daughters who want to do all the activities… I am probably going to add lateral thrusters and thrust vectors before I try it out in the spring. I live in NC! Thanks for any info!
I just purchased a 2014 sx192 this past summer, very similar boat. I took it out once, and immediately purchased the Cobra Jet Steering system, because I had so much trouble steering at low speeds. So, I'm just seconding you looking into some kind of low speed steering help

As for suggestions, add a second battery if you don't have one. And just keep reading these forums, and be ready to spend some money on all the mods....

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi, congrats on the new boat! Still very happy with ours after 2 summers! You’ll find the slow speed steering takes a bit to get used to, but once you do, it’s not a problem. My wife still won’t drive ours in a no wake zone. LOL. Ours has been trouble free so far, and we’re at 235ish hours now. Just upgraded the swim platform to new Marine Mat, as the original stuff was crumbling. I never added a second battery, but do carry a booster pack just in case. Can’t think of much else right now, but I’ll update if anything comes to me. Bet you can’t wait till spring!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I also added the cobra jet steering fins to my 22 SX195 and also keep a jump box in the boat as I only have 1 battery. Might be beneficial to carry a spare kill switch key with you in the event yours cracks or breaks, then your up sh!t creek without a paddle, unless you have a paddle lol.