• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just got new mooring cover; a couple questions

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I just recieved the yamaha mooring cover a few days ago. So far, I love it but did have a few questions. First, if I tie up the boat to our the dock at our new home (in picture below), wouldnt the cover rub along the wooden posts, eventually wearing through the material? Second (and this one really stumps me), how do I get it on and take it off given the dock layout we currently have? Ill make some additions to the dock in the near future, but need to make it work for now. Any suggestions?

20140427_104736.jpg

The covers are made to go on from the front first, so could you not reverse you boat in.
I stand on the rear swim platform on top of the cover, then after releasing the rear corner and peeling back work forward from there.
As for rubbing on the dock, that's a conundrum for you to work out :).

Or, I notice that the dock continues around the bow. Is there another tie off there? Loosen the dock lines on the one side and throw a line on the other side to hold the boat away from the dock. If you backed in, then you just have to maybe worry about the aft rubbing, depending on the angles to the far tie off.

rubbing along the dock posts is the exact reason we had a custom cover made that snaps on. After years reparing the cover, buying a new "used" one online.. I was done. Besides, the snap cover is a ton faster. and its wife approved. LOL.

I'd look at ways (as others have said) to keep the boat away from the dock but that can be challenging unless you are in a harbor with minimal waves forcing your boat into the dock...

Can you post some pictures of the installed snaps ? As far as scratching from the dock, maybe buy some foam sheets and cut them with a razor blade to fit the sides of the poles and dock. Very inexpensive and wouldn't look bad at all.

It looks like the dock whips would be the way to go.

Hard to tell how your dock is constructed from the pic but I think backing in will help along with adding a couple 4x4 posts in the middle. Those posts will allow you to use 8" fenders horizontally to ride on. Fender whips would work as well but your waterway looks fairly narrow and the whips will push your boat out a few feet from the dock.

Dock only goes about another foot off to the right of the picture. Thanks for the suggestions; not sure which way im going to go yet. I do agree, backing in is probably the best way to do it.

Back