• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just installed Hydro Teak

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was lucky enough to get the last of @JetBoatPilot's lighter colored Hydro-Teak material. My Wife and I installed the cockpit mats today and it came out great. The floor feels so much better on our feet, looks great and we got rid of all of the snaps that were no fun to step on. I had cleaned the floor, removed the snaps and filled the snap screw holes with 3M 5200 earlier in the week. The install took 24 minutes to line up, peel and apply the mat pieces.

Here is a picture of the installed mats, I will post more once I get the swim deck kit installed as well.

CockpitTeak.jpg

I am glad to see these suckers go!

snaps.jpg

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks awesome!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This evening I removed the old swim deck mats and cleaned up the glue then we installed the new swim deck mats. It took about 2 hours to remove and clean. The mat install took about 10 minutes. Interestingly the new material is much thicker and softer than the original mats.

My rear seat backs are not really that dark, it is the garage lighting.

swimmats.jpg

I also bought the swim deck mats

rearcushions.jpg

tworearcushions.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf, Hydro-Teak is a name that @JetBoatPilot uses for his special cut two color Hydro-Turf products. You can see the options at Hydro-Teak . Hydro-Turf makes a two color stock with a top and bottom color. I believe that will uses a CNC machine to cut out the pieces and patterns.

For an additional fee he will cut out custom patterns. My Wife @Rana drew the impellers and picked out the fonts. We sent the drawing as a tif image and the font to Will who did some work to enhance our original and the cut out the mats.

We are extremely happy with the result!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool! I just wanted to confirm its a Hydro-Turf product. I like their products and will consider Will if I choose to do something with my interior.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That looks outstanding @Bruce ! Love the name too!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tremendous! Gives your boat a distinctive look Bruce.

I've been looking and looking, so many choices, designs, patterns , etc.

2 hours to get the old stuff off, huh? Not looking forward to that, but I gotta do it. My Hydro-Turf is looking pretty worn out.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great! I'm going to add this mod (just the swim platform) to my 2015 list. I still like the carpet and have no issues. I do know what you mean about the snaps, the good thing is my wife and passengers don't know about the options (LOL). I do like the way you have the boat name in the hydro turf- I have my boat name on the back of the boat already. My idea is to add "No Shoes" / "No Shoes Allowed" (in a much smaller font) cuz I know people are tired of hearing me say it.

My only concern with doing the interior is getting cuts in the hydro from the water ski fins. I had a couple cuts on the last boat from them.

So this summer, I just have to watch one of my regular passengers who is proud of the fact that he doesn't have a boat cuz he has a friend with a boat and set him up to some how ding the existing hydro turf and guilt him into throwing in to repair/replace--LOL

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That looks great Bruce!!! Very jealous.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks awesome! Nice job. I like the custom logo! I debated on the logo, wanted to put Yamaha on there but Will said no because Yamaha gave him grief for it in the past.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks nice. Just got my boat last week. This looks like something I will do.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce ! Looks great!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great @Bruce. I was just wondering how many times you had to run up and down the stairs to reposition the boat to get that shot just right. ;)