• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

just ordered 2016 Scarab 195 HO impulse !

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Glad to see you are getting a 195, I have an orange one and just pulled the trigger to trade up to a 255 HOI with twin 200's. Hope it is as good to me as my 195HOI was. These boats are extremely nice, you will love it, just be careful the first time backing off your trailer, it is much different handling than a stern drive but so much easier at the dock once you get oriented to how it responds. Just remember, whichever way you turn the steering wheel is the direction your front end will go.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a tease! And why do trailer manufactures insist on putting that hull destroying bow roller on their trailers??

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What a tease! And why do trailer manufactures insist on putting that hull destroying bow roller on their trailers??
Lol I'll post more pics soon of her wet and topless ! What bow stop would you suggest ?

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks , that will be on the top of the list of must do mods .

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I ordered a 2016 255 on 3/31. Did yours come per the ETA you got from the dealer? Did you experience any delays?

I was also wondering if there is anyway to check the status of the build through the manufacturer?

Glad to see you are enjoying your new boat!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I ordered a 2016 255 on 3/31. Did yours come per the ETA you got from the dealer? Did you experience any delays?

I was also wondering if there is anyway to check the status of the build through the manufacturer?

Glad to see you are enjoying your new boat!
Originally the dealer said 6-8 weeks . By the 6 th week I called the sales rep , asked if he had any info . Which he really didn't . Apparently the manufacturer is rather vague when it comes to completion date until the week before the completion date .
So 2 weeks before we took delivery , I finally got the call I'd been waiting for ! It took 1 week after completion date for the dealer to recieve the boat . So long story short it took 3 months total for us from order to delivery . Keep in mind dealer location and number of boats ready for shipping to your area play a role in the shipping time to the dealer .
Hope that helps you , I know it seemed forever ! Well worth the wait , we actually just pulled into the driveway a bit ago from the lake !!! Congrats on your new boat

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Some more pics the day we took delivery and today . First time out other than our sea trial ! image.jpegimage.png image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sweet look'in Boat!!

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply on the timing question. I talked to the dealer today and they received a hull number! They told me first week of June...

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@BMF JK i noticed you have both covers for your boat in the pictures, I am curious if you could only pick one which cover would you prefer?

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For our use , hands down the trailering cover . Literally takes a couple minutes to put on and fit is perfect . We trailer the boat everywhere .
The bow and cockpit cover seems it would be easier to put on while boat is in water .

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I ordered mine with the bow cockpit but I am going to try to have the dealer switch it, I trailer a lot too. Thanks.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I ordered mine with the bow cockpit but I am going to try to have the dealer switch it, I trailer a lot too. Thanks.
I can't imagine that would be an issue . I kinda wish we would've done without the bow and cockpit cover , but now we have em both .

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you leave your boat in the water overnight the bow and cockpit covers are nice to have. The trailering cover can be difficult to put on depending on your dock setup. At least that's what I found.