• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just saying hi!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ljtoler : Pretty COBALT !
Better yet .... really like your "take" on what's IMPORTANT in Life !@
With the Cobalt ......... you get a "boat."
With a Yamaha ....... You get BOTH an
EXPERIENCE, and a FAMILY !
Glad you're here ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And oh yeah ...........
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 100 - Ljtoler1.jpg

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no idea when the redesign will happen, but I consider the new 24' boat to be a huge upgrade to the previous version. Yamaha really addressed the issues that most owners have been venting about for years. If you were thinking about buying new and are patient, I would wait for the next generation or jump up to a 2015 24' boat. You could also look at Scarab and Chaparral which are brand new designs.

Ljtoler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have no idea when the redesign will happen, but I consider the new 24' boat to be a huge upgrade to the previous version. Yamaha really addressed the issues that most owners have been venting about for years. If you were thinking about buying new and are patient, I would wait for the next generation or jump up to a 2015 24' boat. You could also look at Scarab and Chaparral which are brand new designs.
That's what my train of thought was. Seeing that they did their signature series last year then they would follow up the smaller series this year. I went and looked at the Scarab at a local dealer and I wasn't overly impressed. I know a lot of what I saw could be the dealers fault and that's unfortunate but it really turned me off. On the swim platform there was already rust stains from the bolts. On the windshield they have a metal trim piece that goes along the edge and that was already popping off. It looked like the adhesive let loose. I like the fact the yamahas have the clean out plugs also.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello and welcome!

I agree with everyone: very nice lines on the Cobalt. But I completely understand the need for a new boat, particularly at your kid's ages. At 10, someone is going to start to more want to bring friends, be pulled fast on the tube, take a hard corner or two, etc. The jet boats excel at those things and are a load of fun.

But it is a big investment. Take your time. Look around, ask questions (let us know if we can help). I am sure we can probably even scare you up a test ride/drive--we got members everywhere. I am excited for your adventure!