• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just talked to one of my good Yamaha contacts today. 35' cruiser on the way.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Like most, a 28' ish cuddy jet would interest me...

These rumors crack me up though...

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just can't see this rumor to be valid. There are many manufacturers in this size range that have flat sales. There just isn't a demand for another make, unless they hit the market selling at 1/2 or 3/4 the value if their competition.

Does Yamaha have a much larger motor to use in a 35' boat?

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I kind of wish they would take those twin engines with a clean-out and make a true fishing boat. That would be awesome!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't see them jumping from 23' 6" right to 35'. I could see a smaller cruiser or cuddy though. If successful they may move up in size. Ironically, Chaparral is stopping production of 35'+ boats because demand is way down. They are getting into jetbaots and entry level bowriders like their H2O series.
Totally agree, why such a big jump. Surely you make your way up, that's what most boat manufactures do.
A 26 with a cuddy would be an intelligent move, but I really hope if they do move into the big boys market, it's not at the cost of our models.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Just one of the nicer looking boats I grabbed from the link above someone posted. This is a 31 foot I believe.
And then the SR310:

Interior of SR310:

paul075

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SR310 has an outboard engine hidden in the transom.
nytro_08.jpg
I believe this is the future of larger cruisers.

Sea Ray Venture 370
sea-ray-370-boat-review.jpg searay_370venture_NL_10-30.jpg

Pursuit 365i

SC365i_Run_249.jpg SC365i_IOT_MotorsUp.jpg

I will be in the used market for one of these later in life.

Attachments

Last edited:

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I kind of wish they would take those twin engines with a clean-out and make a true fishing boat. That would be awesome!
@soggyshoes @DoubleThrust @Murf'n'surf

The same person tells me that Yamaha also has plans for a fishing boat as well. I tend to believe her. She is at least in a position to know these things. I cannot vouch for the accuracy / reliability though. I do not work at Yamaha, am not privy to the corporate culture, R&D pipeline and time frames, etc. What I do know is that large corporate decisions like this can be made conceptually and even on paper but end up on the scrape heap before the first keel is ever laid. Sea Ray was to have a jet boat available this year, issued a press release and then had to issue another press release saying that they were backing out of the jet market prior to entering it. There are so many factors that play into it that no one, not even at Yamaha knows if it will happen until they are much farther along in the process. I would say that when they break ground on the factory expansion that we will be able to say with more certainty when the new boat (what ever it ends up being) will become a reality. I just thought it was a cool little piece of info / rumor however you want to characterize. I think I'll just keep these little tidbits to myself in the future. No point in stirring the pot and I'm not interested in defending the original post with a one paragraph disclaimer in the future. It is what it is, nothing to get excited about one way or the other - just interesting.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will certainly be in the market for an outboard powered cruiser later in life as well. I'm really liking the Pursuit model right now. Boating Magazine had a nice write up on it not too long ago.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@primedoc I'm sorry if my post came off as argumentative, I was just giving my insight into the larger boat market in relation to Yamaha. I don't doubt that your contacts are dropping comments like you have posted. Anything posted on a forum will be debated to no end! Cheers

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A 35' cruiser would be moving into a new market for Yamaha in North America. A new Sea Ray 350 is $450k so I expect they will want to come in somewhere around that point.

For me they become interesting when they hit the $100k price point on the used market 10 years down the road. I will likely have owned a Sea Ray or two by that time for big water use. Don't worry I plan to be a lifetime Yamaha owner.

@primedoc, I really appreciate what you share with us.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@primedoc I am confident your source is correct. Yamaha has been playing with the SR310 twin engine outboard built into deck concept for years. I can not mention names, however, several members here have physically seen the prototype and one has actually ridden on it. It will be pricey. .... Do not stop posting what info you may have. We are interested. We members would comment positively or negatively on anything about boats or anything else for that matter. It is just the nature of the beast.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could see them switching the outboard props to outboard jets.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It would seem likely that a larger boat would follow their existing SR310 and the other manufactures in going with integrated outboard motors. That would seem to make more sense for a boat living in saltwater. But they still would be driven by Yamaha and around here most people I know agree (as much as any fishermen can) that Yamaha outboards are the best.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Do they make or is it even possible to out a pair if iutboard jets if the size beds to drive a 35' cabin class? I bet it is props...but I agree! Post what you hear, even if it is just rumor! Heck, even rumors turn out to be a part if truth often! Thanks for the lead nonetheless!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very interesting. I like hearing the rumors and the talk that goes with it. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Yamaha would try to get some kind of rumours out to this group just to see what the general consenus is.

Obviously they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to put jets on a 35' boat. It has been done for years. But my guess is they would probably have to do some drastic redesign of their current jet system.

It would be cool to see them develop some joystick technology for use in the bigger boats that would trickle down to the smaller ones. Then maybe my wife would be comfortable docking!!!

paul075

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will certainly be in the market for an outboard powered cruiser later in life as well. I'm really liking the Pursuit model right now. Boating Magazine had a nice write up on it not too long ago.
I live on a fairly shallow creek, so the jet drive is perfect, but I could play the tides in a larger boat as long as I could pull the outboards out of the water at extreme low tides.