• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JUST TWO SIMPLE QUESTIONS

sdpotter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone:

Just two simple questions. I have a 2009 232 limited s, unfortunately a California edition with catalytic converters that I have had nothing but trouble with, but enough of my griping.

1. Does anyone know what type of tranducer for the depthfinder this boat has and where it is located. . Mine has stopped working and I can't find it.
2. For the life of me I can not get one of the cleanout "caps" off. Any advice?

thanks in advance for the help

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone:

Just two simple questions. I have a 2009 232 limited s, unfortunately a California edition with catalytic converters that I have had nothing but trouble with, but enough of my griping.

1. Does anyone know what type of tranducer for the depthfinder this boat has and where it is located. . Mine has stopped working and I can't find it.
2. For the life of me I can not get one of the cleanout "caps" off. Any advice?

thanks in advance for the help
Your transducer should be on the left side of your drain plug and scupper. Although in 2010 Yamaha switched to using through hull transducers which are located near the keel in front of the jet intakes. It is possible that your 2009 has a through hull.

If you are trying to repair a failed depth gauge this was my experience https://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-the-norcross-depth-gauge.53/ . I suggest upgrading to something else.

Some have used ice to shrink the plug before pulling it. Others use lumber as a lever with a rope to the plug. I used a ratchet strap from a deck joist above. However you pull it out you need to rebuild both plugs https://jetboaters.net/threads/rebuilding-yamaha-jet-boat-clean-out-plugs.46/#post-108

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome sdpotter,
Can you tell us what type of problems you have had with the catalytic convertors? Other than slight engine performance issues I don't recall anyone having problems. Your experience could be quite helpful to others.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

sdpotter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome sdpotter,
Can you tell us what type of problems you have had with the catalytic convertors? Other than slight engine performance issues I don't recall anyone having problems. Your experience could be quite helpful to others.
SURE...Got the boat a few years ago with 23 hours on it in pristine condition. Had a good half season and then began to run hot and throwing exhaust codes. Long story short the catalytic converter on that side was totally occluded. tried to "degunk" it to no avail and ended up getting another one shipped oout from Japan at a tuen of 1,000 dollars. since then it is ok,

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I purchased my boat with a stuck plug, the owner was kind enough to deliver this tool with it. It did get the plug out. Then I replaced the lower parts with the rebuild kit and with regular maintenance thereafter (pull 'em every time) I do not believe I will ever need this thing again. It is a bit of an elegant solution to the problem; but I suppose if you always left them in and let them get bad year after year, it would be nice to have on hand.
popper.jpg