• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kawasaki X2 (1991) Flush kit install

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know where to install a flush fitting on an old ski like the X2? I've searched the web and only found 2 people that show where it goes and they are different spots. Let me know if you have done this before. We moved to Florida and I want to be able to flush before I put it in the water.

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok. I saw the middle one using the T fitting on the head and exhaust. I wasn't sure if that was an acceptable way to flush or not. My ski is in very good condition for its age and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the input @bronze_10!

Thanks for the quick parts delivery (EZ lock pins) and the confirmation of the flush kit location @Cobra Jet Steering LLC.

Since I'm here and chatting, do you have any ideas for a cheap ski launch system? I live on a canal and really don't want to spend a fortune on a ski lift right now.

I was thinking of making a ramp out of PVC or aliminum.

Any ideas appreciated, and thanks again for your help.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
just make something like this , mod it to do what you need.
you get the idea, Harbor freight has a big selection of pneumatic wheels cheap. I actually built one like the bottom one "only a lot bigger" to haul my big skies, I made it low to the ground so I can off load from my duel trailer on to it and back on to the main trailer, using conduit tubes and covering the rails with grey electrical pvc. It's worth it's weight in gold. here is what I used for the tires rims and bearings, can't beat the price.

Last edited:

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the ideas. I live on a canal with a cantilevered concrete dock that is usually above the water level but at times is submerged below the surface. I need to make something that drops over the edge of the dock, but will come back up over the edge when the ski is loaded. I'll see if I can attach a picture to help explain what I am working with.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well being that you have a small standup ski I would imagine something along that design only much smaller and simpler would work, It all depends on the amount of room you have and how high the dock is, keep in mind storing a boat in or near salt water is usually hard on them I don't know if that is the case with your situation . maybe something like this would work http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200619596_200619596?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Material Handling > Hoists, Lifts + Cranes&utm_campaign=Vestil&utm_content=37438&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=37438&gclid=CJGkjNi6h8sCFcQjgQodXOQDkg

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other