• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Stuff Key Switch Locker for 2007 to 2009 230 Models

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a block that fits inside the dash to prevent the key switches rotating and a pair of washers to use on the front side to stop the key switch nuts from jumping threads when tightened against the curved dash plate.

The large block will be in various colors and is installed the dash so not seen. I can provide the washers in black or blue. Please message if you have a preference.

This is a updated design that should eliminate fitment issues from variation in the holes cut for the key switches.

More info is in this thread Fixed the rotating key switch issue. 2007 - 2009 SX230, AR230, 232 Limited

To order click the "Buy now" button in the top right corner or click on this sentence which will take you to PayPal.

54497E43-0136-40B9-B5C2-FCD128B0D4B8.jpeg

F26FE3C2-15D1-4B51-BD93-B722FFC93F31.jpeg

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I updated this design to reduce fitment issues from variation in the factory holes for the key switches.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a version of this for a 2005 SX230?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a version of this for a 2005 SX230?
There needs to be.

How accessible is your boat to you? Do you happen to have a caliper for measuring?

@Lookingforajetboat had supplied a center to center measurement of 4.88 inches for the key switches and a picture of the backside of the panel. Could you provide the same measurement and a picture of the switch panel from the back? I would like to understand how much variation may occur in the factory mounting.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading to the boat tomorrow..... no calipers on hand but can probably grab a cheap one from harbor freight....

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will update you this week on measurements.

Lookingforajetboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There needs to be.

How accessible is your boat to you? Do you happen to have a caliper for measuring?

@Lookingforajetboat had supplied a center to center measurement of 4.88 inches for the key switches and a picture of the backside of the panel. Could you provide the same measurement and a picture of the switch panel from the back? I would like to understand how much variation may occur in the factory mounting.
Ok, next time I am at the boat. For now I tightened the plastic nut on the back.

HockeyDave13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2364.PNGIMG_2360.jpgIMG_2359.jpgIMG_2357.jpg
Bruce, I got some pics with a caliper to the center lines above ignition and tried to get center of switches as well. Also, one shot from the back side to show you what's there. This is off an SX230. I'd love to get some key blocks if you can make them!

Thanks!

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have one for 2006 210? Also, any idea where I can get a replacement locking nut?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have one for 2006 210? Also, any idea where I can get a replacement locking nut?
What does the 2006 210 dash look like?

I do not know of a source for the nuts. Might take the key switch into a specialty fastener store Fastenal to figure out what the thread is. You could buy a nut there or if I have the correct tap I could print a plastic nut for you.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What does the 2006 210 dash look like?

I do not know of a source for the nuts. Might take the key switch into a specialty fastener store Fastenal to figure out what the thread is. You could buy a nut there or if I have the correct tap I could print a plastic nut for you.
Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 7.40.43 PM.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length