• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kicker 10” TB Sub in a 210 FSH?

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a Kicker 10” TB enclosure in a 210 FSH? Any recommendations on placement? I’m thinking about squeezing it into the battery compartment but it would be a tight fit.

46E152B2-0EFD-4C87-8114-0B7055436EB9.png

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I didn't put in a Yamaha but I did on a scarab 195. I took speaker out of enclosure and sandwiched the fiberglass from the boat in between the speaker and enclosure using longer stainless screws. So the sub was external and the enclosure and radiator was under seat.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I didn't put in a Yamaha but I did on a scarab 195. I took speaker out of enclosure and sandwiched the fiberglass from the boat in between the speaker and enclosure using longer stainless screws. So the sub was external and the enclosure and radiator was under seat.
Hmm that’s definitely a creative way to mount it. But I’d rather tuck it somewhere out of sight if possible. How did you remove the grill to get to the screws?

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Rubber plugs pop out easily on face of grill

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So anyone with this in a 210 FSH or am I in uncharted waters?

5nuklheds

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following... I to am interested in upgrading the AR240 system and not a fan of cutting holes and letting little feet slip and kick a speaker cone...

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following... I to am interested in upgrading the AR240 system and not a fan of cutting holes and letting little feet slip and kick a speaker cone...
Aloha @5nuklheds heres my AR240 subs in the large head compartment.👍🏽🤙🏽
694E2745-6C7D-46F7-8296-0CB83C835D69.jpeg

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The AR240 has a lot more options for speaker placement. The FSH being a center console is a little more limiting.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Why don’t you install in in the changing room/head compartment? All the way forward, I was ALMOST able to get a huge 12” enclosure there. It’s out of the way, we keep a large trunk organizer there for towels/snacks/etc. Access to wiring is easy. Option B is up in the port side bow seat compartment. You could stand it vertically in one of the storage pods aft of the bow seating. There are several good options on the FSH.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Why don’t you install in in the changing room/head compartment? All the way forward, I was ALMOST able to get a huge 12” enclosure there. It’s out of the way, we keep a large trunk organizer there for towels/snacks/etc. Access to wiring is easy. Option B is up in the port side bow seat compartment. You could stand it vertically in one of the storage pods aft of the bow seating. There are several good options on the FSH.
I was considering that front area in the changing room but I was concerned that it was too low in the boat. Will I lose a lot of the intensity by putting it down there?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Low frequencies are fairly omnidirectional, I don’t think the position in the boat makes as big a difference as powering and tuning it properly. The console has vents in it, sound will make its way out.