• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Knee and Zup board storage on 212X

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looked at my prospective boat again today at the dealership. Took my boards with me to see where I could store them onboard. It wasn't much surprise that the giant Zup board wouldn't fit in the racks or in the compartments, but neither will my knee board.

Dealer said he thinks he can replace the Bimini with one that has pouches or straps to hold onto the boards, like the traditional wake boats do. Have any of you guys done this or seen this?

One big reason we're trading up to this boat is the fact that my Regal has little storage and crap sits in the floor most of the time. Don't want that again on the new boat.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On my 232, I went with a tower rack that had a thick and thinner opening. My Zup fit in the lower and a regular wakeboard fit in the upper (thinner slot). When we weren't using them, the boards sat outside the tower and were out of the way. If you do go this way, make sure to get one that swivels in...they are a little more expensive, but so much more convenient.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Matt,
Was this rack an aftermarket rack? How much was it? If I can get the Bimini style rack I described above, I'd prefer that.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since we only use two wakeboards and had two racks I actually cut out the center divider on a Yamaha rack. Then notched out where I cut off so the stock rubber went in like the rest of the rack. Pretty easy to do and only took about an hour.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally got around to installing my knee board rack last night. To my amazement, the Zup Board fits! When I bought the boat, my dealer was cool enough to allow me to swap out one of the factory racks with a Monster Tower knee board rack. The new rack was mailed directly to my house and contained no directions whatsoever for installation, care, or even what the part number is, so don't ask because I don't know. Thankfully, it was easy enough to figure out and install. Looks really good on the boat!

This rack doesn't swivel, but has a quick disconnect at the base that allows me to take the 'claws' off during transport. I don't mind that it doesn't swivel. I'm just very glad that i can take our knee board and / or Zup Board out to the lake now without it taking up the entire floor of the boat!

Attachments