• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Labor day camping trip on the sand bar, Mississippi river

ar240owner's Wife

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll see about that statement Saturday around 6pm ;). Can u waterproof ours too??? Please :oops: Sorry we have to make you lug it out.

Not sure on slip and slide. I think mark got plastic at Home Depot? Definitely don't need 100 ft this time!!!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sarah - That tent shouldn't have an issue since it has a rain guard over it and it is big enough to not have to push your air mattress up to the sides. If you keep everything from touching the walls of the tent the water really doesn't come throught the fabric. Our tent is smaller and all our mattresses rest on the walls so that sometimes allows water to come through some thus the reason to spray extra water proofer on it. But if it leaks then forget we had this conversation ! Lol

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I dont have time to water proof our tent. OH WELL!!!! I haven't had a whole lot of time to talk to Becky but I'm getting a feeling from her that she's a little freaked out about the whole Saturday forecast and trying to camp. I am going to text her and tell her it's still a go for Saturday as of right now.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah Angie wasn't feeling the forecast either and was wanting to push it off for next weekend.....I told her it would be ok. I guess her and Becky could go stay at your house while we are having fun at the sand bar...LOL..... @jcyamahariders wife

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't mind camping in the rain as long as my shit my tent stays dry. as you all know that makes for a miserable night. I just hope you're right Jerry these colmen tents don't really leak.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Holy crap...it is 2:51 and I am the only one at work......sometimes it sucks being " The big dog" #wishIwasoutofhereandgettingmyboatready

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking forward to this weekend but for whatever reason I just got a sick feeling in my stomach about it.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
I'm looking forward to this weekend but for whatever reason I just got a sick feeling in my stomach about it.
It will be good !!! Heck the news said today was going to be rainy !!! But I haven't seen any !!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Clear and hot out this way

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I forget the size of TARP I have I think it's at 20X30. on the way home tonight from work I'm going to pick up another trap so I can put that under my tent. Then that way we can use the 20 X 30 if we need a spare. I just need to get out on the river then everything should be fine.
are you guys going to go back in the evening and get all of the camping stuff like you did couple weeks ago?that's what I think we might do

we have to pack so much crap we haven't even started yet or even been to the store

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spotty rain in the morning , I think we will be just fine !!!!image.jpg

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the evening %60 awesome !!! We're good :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I forget the size of TARP I have I think it's at 20X30. on the way home tonight from work I'm going to pick up another trap so I can put that under my tent. Then that way we can use the 20 X 30 if we need a spare. I just need to get out on the river then everything should be fine.
are you guys going to go back in the evening and get all of the camping stuff like you did couple weeks ago?that's what I think we might do

we have to pack so much crap we haven't even started yet or even been to the store

Mine Is Getting Loaded to The Boat first thing and then transfer to the sand bar as soon as we put on. I didn't like making 2 trips like that.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here !!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just filled up the truck and boat with gas!!!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be filling our boat up tomorrow. Hopefully Becky get some stuff packed this evening and we can load up tomorrow morning. I'm not totally 100% on doing paper so I might not do them at all

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got most of the stuff in the boat, got the white shipping cover on incase it rains tonight, the rest we will just throw in the back of the truck in the morning. Can't wait to see you guy's.......