• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Labor Day Weekend

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had a great Labor day weekend on the Lake. On Saturday, we had friends (15) from the Marina we were at last year, make the trip from Malletts Bay to Burlington and stay the night. They were able to park their two Cabin Cruisers just two slips down from the Beneteau. It was a lot of fun having them there for the afternoon and evening. Much food and many beverages were consumed. I took this shot standing on the 38' Chris Craft Catalina looking at the other cabin cruiser parked next to the Beneteau.

20190831_180259.jpg

Sunday we launched at the Malletts Bay boat ramp, busiest in the State, during a Bass fishing tournament. Weigh in was at the ramp. Launch and retrieve was uneventful and quick. My wife has it down and handles the Yamaha, with the two 25' spring lines and all those Bass fisherMEN standing there waiting to say something, like a pro. Parked the truck, jogged back to the ramp, fired up the engines and backed out and around the bassboats swung it around and away we went. Thanks to @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for the Mega fangs. I did see (3) other Yamaha's that day and talked to two of the owners about JB.net. Her smile says it all...no drama at the ramp.

20190901_161312.jpg

Monday was a rain day. We had lunch at the Shanty on the Shore and then over to the Beneteau to hunker down during the rain and watch a movie.

20190902_125341.jpg

20190902_130924.jpg

A great weekend overall on the boats.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We towed the boat to Portsmouth, Ohio for the weekend to run on the Ohio River.

The marina is sparsely used so I lined the boat and truck up at the very top of the ramp, jumped out and started my pre launch prep. My wife and brother in law jumped out too and were helping load the boat with food and such. Tara walked back up to the truck to get her sunglasses from the cab and tells me... “the doors are locked!”

For context, I left the keys in it and the duramax was idling, and the boat now ready to launch, fully unstrapped plugs in, and ready to go. Tara’s set of keys hanging on the key rack back in Columbus. Both of our cellphones in the truck.

Saturday afternoon of Labor Day weekend at the Portsmouth marina.... locksmith? Haha haha. Luckily, my brother in law had his cell and we called on Star. I was able to confirm my identity to them and despite that I had let all coverage drop on my ‘19 duramax, they comped me an unlock!

The fatal flaw was divergence from my normal launch routine. I’m pondering whether it’s worth it to get their minimum package or not.

We had a great weekend on the water and got back home Monday with no problems.

DF18A3F1-DD52-4239-84C1-813FD7B0D236.jpeg26E85CF9-6D79-4AEF-B377-3CBC67DFD84F.jpeg2E94B351-C124-4387-8010-E920098C34BE.jpeg

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Our lake was dead. Everyone goes outta town on the west side of WA. So we shared the whole lake with like 4 other boats. Surfed till we were all exhausted.

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Our lake was busy, but we just anchor in our cove and relax verses fighting off all the crazies. We are spoiled since we live on the lake and can pick and choose when to go out. As others have mentioned weekdays are empty and now that Labor Day is over, there won't be any more crowded weekends till Memorial Day :thumbsup:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t put the boat away like that! Finish the season on a high note so you’re excited again in the spring before the Memorial Day crowd has a chance to ruin another trip ;)
Usually the lakes where I’m at are significantly quieter immediately after Labor Day weekend.
We probably won't, but it was easily the most discouraging day on the water we've had in years. It wasn't even so much the "Amateur Hour" folks that caused it either. Just not great weather, poor attitudes, and the general feeling of "Why the hell are we spending so much time/effort/money on something that isn't bringing joy to anyone here"

Wife is already talking about plans to take it out on Sunday and meet up with friends. Clearly didn't phase her a bit.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No problems here in Long Island because both nights we launched at 9PM. We did some bar hopping and saw very few boats out there. It's just important to "wave" my spotlight so they can see me. I don't trust that people see me.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didnt witness it, but rental boat on lake Lanier had person rushed to ER... lady decided to jump off front of pontoon while it was moving... between the toons... she came up with 1 leg.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I didnt witness it, but rental boat on lake Lanier had person rushed to ER... lady decided to jump off front of pontoon while it was moving... between the toons... she came up with 1 leg.
holy shit

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah that was effed up.

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a unexpectedly busy weekend starting with a concert on Friday night (Nelly, TLC and FloRida), got some welding done on my tow vehicles (the after market exhaust tips were loose and rattling) on Saturday before driving 3 hours to camp at a new place with friends. Sunday I took a look at a private camping spot on a lake on the way home. Long story short, there was a fire on the road 40 miles from lake, the local police closed the road so I had to back track quite a bit to see the private camping spot, all told it took 6 hours of driving to get home. I finally got on the water on Monday, my wife and I took the waverunners out for lunch on the water (and to circulate stabil through the fuel system/winterize the skis) and to my surprise it wasn’t crowded or very busy at all even though it was close to 100 degrees out with very little wind. It was also the first time my wife and I have been alone on the water all season, she handled it all like a pro, good stuff.View attachment 104424View attachment 104425

Nelly, TLC and Florida are still around? lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
According the nelly he has been around for 20 years, tlc or is it just tc now have been around for 27, I think FloRida for a little over 10. They are still popular in some circles, I saw teenagers singing along to every word.