• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Anna Virginia, anyone ever go there?

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am thinking about renting a house on the lake this June. I was just trying to get some Intel. What area of the lake is best. Anything to do in the area. Anything to look for in a house?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are you looking to do? That's my main lake. I grew up there. There is a public and a private side, which side are you looking to rent on?

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are between two houses, one is on the public side (Emery point) which is in the south east side. The other is in the private side, the south west part on a small no wake cove. It is my extended family going. 10 adults, 6 kids under 7. Will the water be comfortable to swim on the public side?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't do much on the private side. I may have been over there 5 times in the last few years. The public side is where the nicer islands are with sandy bottom not muddy bottoms are. Depending when in June you go and the weather the water can still be a little chilly, but it shouldn't be too bad. Memorial Day is usually a little chilly and then after that the water seems to warm up pretty good. The private side has no restaurants you can take your boat to. The public side has a few choices. The sand bars can be kid friendly, the one on the west side of the lake is the loudest and wildest. The house at Emery Point is a good location, there are plenty of islands around that area that you can beach at and hang out in shallow water and plenty of places around with deep water as well.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we ended up renting a house on the private side, in the south east area. Any recommendations for that side that I have to go to. We will be the last full week in June.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, any idea about fishing licenses. We have a bunch of kids under 7 that will be there, and I am sure they will want to through lines in the water. I know they are fine but do you think the dad's need licenses to help, we will not be keeping any fish. We will be on the "private" side. Does that matter?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Never been there, but my Yamaha has. That is where she came from. A previous owner was in that area. This sticker is still on the trailer.
20170503_072925.jpg

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We'll be down again in August, our 4th year in a row.

Our first year there we stayed on the private side. There's nowhere to pull up to on the private side, no marinas or restaurants, not even any gas, nor is there a way to get to the public side from the private side via the water. I found that there's not too many navigation aids over there either, like shallow water warnings, etc. It is pretty neat to go where the water comes out of the nuclear plant at 99 degrees. Great for water sports if it's a cool day. We got a little bored with the private side after a few days, but it is nice with next to no traffic most weekdays. We ended up trailering to the public side and paid to keep it in a slip over there for the last 4 days.

We've stayed on the public side ever since. Traffic is pretty light on weekdays, but weekends get pretty crowded and choppy.

Either way, you'll have a great time.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we will be going here next week. Any last words of advice.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@thcole Well, I was going to say stay on the public side, but I guess its too late for that. lol
You can always trailer over to the public side and put in there, its about $10 for the day at most places to launch and park.
We may be out there too, send me a PM if you hit the public side.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
During the week there won’t be much difference between the private and public side except for places to refuel or have a meal.... during the weekend the difference will be felt... a lot more boats on the public side and more coves to go hang out in with loud music. I don’t have any tips for the private side.

Either way, have a great time!

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMHO - if you don't want to hang out with other boats and you want to stick to yourself - private side. If you want to hit Tims or the Cove - called Lake View in the map link. (restaurants) or after tubing etc want to meet up with other boats and socialize then do the public side.
There are 2 main hangout spots. "The Sand Bar" which has a 300-400 yard sand bar waist high with a volley ball court on it. Lower left. http://longviewshores.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Lake_Anna_Map.png. Tim's is just around the corner. This is for those that mainly hang out on the west side. On the east side if you cross main lake and pass the power plant there is a cove on the right.

Most of the Yamaha's you'll see out there are part of the forums so be sure to say hey.