• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Anna, Virginia

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Planning to hit Lake Anna on Saturday

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Anna after hours... It was a great time...

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! I'll be there in 2 weeks !

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks like a great party @PaulyB . I was out of the country and missed it. Next time....

Jmujeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New jet boater (Ar195) and new to the lake. The info about Stubbs bridge is super helpful. Thanks!

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New jet boater (Ar195) and new to the lake. The info about Stubbs bridge is super helpful. Thanks!
What did you want to know?

Jmujeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering how to tell if the water is too high when going to the Cove and which side of the bridge to go under. The side with an “X” didn’t feel intuitive, but I guess that’s the way! Are there any height issues when going to Tim’s and the “boardwalk” area?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We put in on Fridays, usually from Sturgeon Creek Marina. Will be there this week. We usually hangout near either of the two volley ball courts, but am open to any part of the lake that may be better for water sports. Much of the time we do water sports at the end of the cove just past Anna Point Marina.

Attachments

Last edited:

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was wondering how to tell if the water is too high when going to the Cove and which side of the bridge to go under. The side with an “X” didn’t feel intuitive, but I guess that’s the way! Are there any height issues when going to Tim’s and the “boardwalk” area?
You'll have zero issues with any of the bridges. Been there for last 7 years all different parts of summer, never even close to being a thought.

Pay attention to the depth if you run down past the power plant, some good hangout spots, but also a few random shallow areas and rocks, even a very small island.

Its a great lake. You're gonna have a great time!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Cool....where do you put in? I will keep an eye out for your boat. We are near Hunters Landing.....we do water sports on this side of No Wake zone but venture out to a cove to chill or the sand bar. Nice boat!!
Where on the lake is Hunter's Landing?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I put in at Christopher Run or High Point Marina unless I can find a friend who is around and I can put in at their community. I usually camp out at the Sand Bar most of the day when I am on the water and will usually do a sunset cruise when the day is over. Here is a picture of my old boat at the sand bar....
We used to camp and put our jet ski in at Christopher Run I've heard mixed things about putting in there with a boat. Any issues?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Yea that bridge is an optical illusion ...but better off safe than sorry. Still watch water line on pillars....if you don't see water line really be careful.

Where did you put in, dukes creek? The best sand bar is past tim's. Turn at state park kinda past water way to Christopher run past tim's restaurant and under bridge and then about a mile. They put the volley ball net up on Sat if you were at this location.

Glad you had a great time!
That's where we usually hangout.

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where on the lake is Hunter's Landing?
North West-ish - just over/at Belmont Rd bridge.
Map address 6320 Belmont Rd, Mineral, VA 23117

We have dropped in at Sturgeon Creek and Hunters Landing (kids and Admiral prefer Sturgeon and that area) - The Hunter launch is a tight 2-lane, and way more challenging and longer wait times than Sturgeon Creek ( easy 6+ launches). Hunters lot does fill up and I’m not sure if there is viable overflow.

… NW is different area and crowds than the “main” areas to the south/east by marinas and power plant - it’s a bit more chill residential part of the lake as recommended and experienced. Didn’t find beach areas, but anchored up in some wooded fishing spots, then just in people’s backyard water (weird us). We found some nice water for sport up the wider fork to the NW (just before a bridge of Days Bridge Rd). But it’s tighter area and can be busy with boats and water sports. F3565679-A8DE-415C-912E-B410A9078F56.jpeg

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
North West-ish - just over/at Belmont Rd bridge.
Map address 6320 Belmont Rd, Mineral, VA 23117

We have dropped in at Sturgeon Creek and Hunters Landing (kids and Admiral prefer Sturgeon and that area) - The Hunter launch is a tight 2-lane, and way more challenging and longer wait times than Sturgeon Creek ( easy 6+ launches). Hunters lot does fill up and I’m not sure if there is viable overflow.

… NW is different area and crowds than the “main” areas to the south/east by marinas and power plant - it’s a bit more chill residential part of the lake as recommended and experienced. Didn’t find beach areas, but anchored up in some wooded fishing spots, then just in people’s backyard water (weird us). We found some nice water for sport up the wider fork to the NW (just before a bridge of Days Bridge Rd). But it’s tighter area and can be busy with boats and water sports. View attachment 157093
Will have to check it out.