• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake George

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm towing my AR192 up to lake george this weekend. Looking to pay to launch at Norowal marina and have a campsite reserved on turtle island for 2 nights. I've done some research and have a good idea what to do. But I want to see if any members here have some tips. I'm going with 4 other people, 3 of which are women that have never camped before so there's extra planning and accounting for newbie camping mistakes:winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@RNYCLV was there in July. Maybe he could chime in.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm towing my AR192 up to lake george this weekend. Looking to pay to launch at Norowal marina and have a campsite reserved on turtle island for 2 nights. I've done some research and have a good idea what to do. But I want to see if any members here have some tips. I'm going with 4 other people, 3 of which are women that have never camped before so there's extra planning and accounting for newbie camping mistakes:winkingthumbsup"
So you are going to launching from near Bolton Landing. There are a bunch of options right there, I personally have never used Norowal but its so close to the Narrows that it will work out for you. If they are allowing you to keep trailer and vehicle that's a bonus. Are you checking in at the rangers station on land in Bolton or at Glen Island?

The reason I ask is Glen Island is going to become your best friend with newbie campers. Turtle island is literally two islands over down the Narrows. Read up on the buoys, the Narrows can get allot of traffic and they are as the name states narrow and shallow. The buoys are going to be your best friend. Glen Island has a general store, Ranger station, Bathrooms and Ice cream. You will inevitably end up there a few times throughout the week just for the cold ice cream and bathroom. They do have free 15 minute docking directly in front of the islands. Generators or a ton of batteries will be your friend if the newer campers are younger. Turtle Island is one of the bigger islands in that cluster so you wont be alone on the island, just in case you do end up needing something fast. You will also be surrounded by day use islands just north, east and south so you will have boat traffic but its not unbearable. You will have a blast. If I can help you get around or if you need advice please don't hesitate to ask, my wife has been going camping on the islands for 30 + years and I have been on the lake for 25+ years.

What way are you taking up? minor suggestion if your 192 has a tower, and you can drop it safety for transport you will end up saving yourself about $36 each direction on NY toll roads. I found that out the hard way.
Send me a private and Ill give you my cell IMG_2567.JPG
This is Glen Island on July 4th we had to stop for some ice cream.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, side note from where you will be staying on Turtle Island, Huletts Landing is going to be your best bet for fuel on the water. They are about 10-15 minutes north of the Narrows, but they have the best pricing on that section of the lake and they are open the latest if you get caught up and need gas late. If you run into any boat issues Smith and Sons which is in the hook where Sagamore is has a great group of people there, they have a small store and gas as well. When you launch at Norowal the bridge will be to the South of you, Smiths is just beyond that bridge.
Northwest Bay which is just North of Norowal is a great calmer area for the kids to ski, tube or knee board, its a closed bay to the north so you get little to no traffic and youll find yourself alone for most of the day.

If you are looking for something else to keep kids entertained, run North past Sabbath and Silver Bays to Hague there is free public docking with playgrounds and a welcome center, running water and bathrooms which may keep some of your campers happy since you'll be in outhouses all week.
There is also a great deli about a 5/10 minute walk up Rt 8, its called Hague Market, its priced for tourist but great sandwich's and salads. They have an upstairs with a store which could kill some time for your "I want to get off the island" campers.

From where you are your just over an hour from the south side of the lake and LVG. if you get down that way duffy's is a great Tavern with good food and you have the whole village to explore.

Have fun, its my families second home up there.