• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake House Purchase

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Shoot, we've never even gone that far up! We always end up down towards the falls, State Dock, etc. that direction. We were gonna make a run up that way this year, but the debris kept us from doing so cuz it was REALLY BAD this year when we went.

We wanted to hit up some of the marinas for lunches this time around. I know one of them had a nicer restaurant attached I believe so we were looking forward to a long drive from State dock to the restaurant but it just didn't work out.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling, the great thing about our boats, at least you can get across the lake relatively fast and inexpensive! 76 Falls is really cool. I can't wait to really start exploring the lake. Just picked up a book that describes every cove in detail. It describes the shoreline, whether or not you can tie up easy and access.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Volffas , we are right in the middle. Cumberland Point or right across from Conley Bottom marina.
Nice! I have never been to that part of the lake, but occasionally I look for houses near Lake Cumberland online, and I always end up looking in that area, it seems easy to get to from I-75 and is close enough to town and decent marinas that you could always find somewhere to eat close by.

Congrats again!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats, that is a gorgeous lake! The only downside to owning a lake place is that your lifestyle changes. You don't see your trailering buddys nearly as much if you used to river and lake hop with other boaters before. That being said it feels more "at home" at the lake than at home once you make it yours.

Oh, there is one other downside to a lake home...it's a lot harder to go back to the real world when you know you don't have to "pack" everything to go home. I bet you will find your self stretching the weekends longer and longer into Sunday evening next year!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@007 , that's funny you say that, I was just saying that to my wife about how hard it's going to be coming back home. Good thing we have been working a long time and have lots of vacation days to stretch those weekends into short weeks! We just moved in this past weekend and already miss it! Thank you!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! I think we need a Yamaha meet up next summer. We already met a few people on the lake with Yamaha's this summer and hang out with some of them on a regular basis.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Love it! I know we would be interested in coming!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, I plan on being there many weekends (at the least) all summer. I need some experience in "rafting up"! lol Can't wait!!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will probably be down there tomorrow. We just bought the adjoining 12 acres of woods behind our cabin. I need to find out what I really bought since normally during the summer all you see is really thick forest.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmm, resell some of that acreage to me and other jetboaters.net and we can have a complex of cottages for jet boaters!

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Having a lake house gives you the vacation feeling when ever you are there. I am thinking of using one vacation in days added to weekend. Not to hard to come home to this in back yard just wimage.jpg ish I could use my Yamaha but lake has hp limit.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations, having a vacation home is the tops, but with your boat too, well that's just Utopia.
Small bit of advise, keep all maintaince up to date, it's easy to pass jobs off because your "on vacation" but believe me, they will escalate and your investment will suffer.