• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Keowee

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Doesn’t look like there’s anywhere up there to dock and eat. The Grill at Clemson Marina is closed Monday-Wednesday…….

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
There’s actually a public boat dock behind the Wendy’s in Clemson. Starbucks and Cookout are right there. I’ve been up there before. You have to drive through a bunch of yellow buoys at the Clemson rowing course to get there.

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There’s actually a public boat dock behind the Wendy’s in Clemson. Starbucks and Cookout are right there. I’ve been up there before. You have to drive through a bunch of yellow buoys at the Clemson rowing course to get there.
Ok cool, didn’t know about that. Thanks! I’ll probably be stopping for gas at the marina you are launching at. I’ve got about half a tank right now..... will try and get up around Clemson and fire up the grill on the boat for a late lunch. Wife has a work call until 10am so can’t launch earlier.

I’m in a black 242 so maybe we will see you. If you are heading north up towards Clemson, moght see you up there.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry I missed you yesterday. I was too busy sucking up tow rope.View attachment 155189
Aww man that sucks. I did it twice my first year and have avoided it ever since. We made it up to Clemson, anchored and ate lunch, stopped on our way back at a beach to swim a while, then some tubing.

I did lose my Apple Watch while tubing, that sucks…. Excuse to get a new one now! 😁

think we are heading to Jocassee tomorrow

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aww man that sucks. I did it twice my first year and have avoided it ever since. We made it up to Clemson, anchored and ate lunch, stopped on our way back at a beach to swim a while, then some tubing.

I did lose my Apple Watch while tubing, that sucks…. Excuse to get a new one now! 😁

think we are heading to Jocassee tomorrow
Old post, I know, but I'll be heading to a house very close to the one you rented last year. How is the lake there? For tubing and anchoring at a cove?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Old post, I know, but I'll be heading to a house very close to the one you rented last year. How is the lake there? For tubing and anchoring at a cove?
Really enjoyed Hartwell. There was plenty of room to tube and find some calm water. Water was pretty clear too.... want to get back down there again but doubt I'll be able to this summer. Enjoy yourself!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey all, we're making our first trip to Keowee this Saturday for a few days. The place we're renting has a dock but I'm trying to figure out where to put the boat in. In looking at the map, the closest ramp appears to be South Cove County Park. Anyone have experience with this ramp, or other ramps on the south side? TIA!