• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Keowee

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just to chime in as well since Keowee is my primary lake. I do boat Hartwell and Jocassee plenty as well though.

Keowee, despite recent growth, is still a fantastic lake with beautiful views! In spring/early summer, the water up at the north part of the lake is substantially cooler than the south. The water coming into Keowee from Jocassee at the north end is some very cold water!

Hartwell is very big and is fed by multiple rivers. Hard to run out of new places to explore on that lake!
Yeah I’ve read that about the water temp. We will be there the last week of June so I assume it will be bearable but cool compared to what I’m used to. Either way, looking forward to it. The waterfalls and clear water are something different.

Wish it was Keowee instead of Hartwell but nothing I can do about that. Have the water levels been OK the last couple years? Any major concerns if the level is down 5-10 feet?

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got to our VRBO last night. The lake is great looking. I'm really missing my boat right now...🥺
Might as well rent a pontoon and check it out! Thanks for all the insight in this thread👍
PXL_20210403_205019628.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bumping this.... for folks familiar with Jocassee, I assume going there on a Thursday is easier compared to the weekend, right??? I know the parking is limited. For the week I'm there, I'm thinking to spend Sunday-Wednesday on Hartwell. Thursday up to Jocassee and Friday on Keowee.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should have no issues on Thursday. I have been going to Jocassee on Fridays and there has been plenty of remaining capacity.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You should have no issues on Thursday. I have been going to Jocassee on Fridays and there has been plenty of remaining capacity.
Yeah that's what I assumed. Can't wait to be on that lake, have heard so much good stuff about it.

bullheadedgoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We went to last August on Sunday and Monday. Big difference in the crowd at the boat ramp. If you you have the "Navionics" app it should have all the waterfalls marked.

Mcausey5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We prefer Jocassee as well but with fisherman you do have to arrive very early. The one access point is Devils Fork State Park and there is no gas dock so plan accordingly. You can go on the Park’s website and reserve a parking spot to guarantee access. Anyone who is turned away from Jocassee goes to Keowee so that causes the crowding in the Northern end because it is more narrow and more sandy beach areas to pull into and chill. Both will be more enjoyable than Hartwell. I have attached some of our pictures from Jocassee

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To confirm, I'll be on Hartwell June 26-30. Will trailer to Jocassee on July 1 and Keowee on July 2. If anyone on here is out and about and want to meet up, let me know. House rental ends July 3 and from there I'm heading to Panama City for another week.

Here's another map I found on here..... I think the larger the yellow circle, the "better" the waterfall.
Jocassee map.jpeg

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just my ten cents. (I boated Hartwell and Keowee prior to moving closer to Charlotte and switching to Lake Wylie.)

Hartwell is a huge lake, but a lot of the sides/landings are made of all red clay, it can be clear, it can also be super muddy. Keowee is absolutely gorgeous and my kids still beg me to take them back there to play on the many sandy islands and coves. There is a string of lakes in the area. Starting at Jocasse > Keowee > Hartwell > strohm thurmond etc.

I had to move for work, but while we lived in Greenville. (like 2 miles from @Jameson Clark ) we dreamed of paying off our house and buying a farm or land near keowee so we could boat easily and have a weekend cabin to relax at.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Keowee remains a favorite for me. We were just there a couple weeks ago. I also moved from the upstate to a little down the road in Laurens and we are much closer to Lake Greenwood now. But, we will still frequent Keowee because all it has to offer is hard to match on any other lake around here.

Jocassee is a great lake to sight see on, but it is very very deep and hard to anchor in most places. It also has close to zero beaches. So, we don't go much because the kids much prefer beaches, sandbars, anchoring out to swim.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jocassee is a great lake to sight see on, but it is very very deep and hard to anchor in most places. It also has close to zero beaches. So, we don't go much because the kids much prefer beaches, sandbars, anchoring out to swim.
Good point.... hard to anchor if it's 100-200 feet deep lol. For a day, I think the kids will be able to deal without a beach area. Can't wait for the waterfalls and jumping spots. Most lakes, especially east coast lakes don't have these.

Leave on Saturday and am so excited. If anyone is out on Hartwell June 26-30, Jocassee July 1 or Keowee July 2, let me know. Hope the weather is nice!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We hit Hartwell on Friday and it was very nice. The lake was perfect temp for me but wife commented a little warm. It was very clear and not a lot of traffic. We may go back this weekend if the weather looks good.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wow...beautiful.
looks nothing like our north texas lakes

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will just miss you. Heading out to Lake Keowee for a week July 3rd.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Good point.... hard to anchor if it's 100-200 feet deep lol. For a day, I think the kids will be able to deal without a beach area. Can't wait for the waterfalls and jumping spots. Most lakes, especially east coast lakes don't have these.

Leave on Saturday and am so excited. If anyone is out on Hartwell June 26-30, Jocassee July 1 or Keowee July 2, let me know. Hope the weather is nice!

We’ll be on Hartwell tomorrow around 9AM until 5 or 6PM. I’ll be in the lime green 212XE. Post your approximate location on this thread, and I’ll look for you.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The house I’m staying at is on the Georgia side in Gumlog. I think we are going to drive to Clemson tomorrow to see it. Weather looks good…. Hot but good. Probably leaving our house by 10:30am. Clemson is a bit of a haul from here….. will look for somewhere to get lunch up around there.
EFC7F042-9059-4F9F-BF82-5C4CF15986E7.jpeg