• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake lanier gathering june 29th 2019

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dont like the stack at port? I have friend who keeps theirs wet slipped at aqualand.
I like the concept. But today it was very hard to find a slip at the end of the day. Everything was occupied with what seemed to be restaurant patrons. Just wondering how Lanier water treats these boats when when slipped.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think all the water will have growth by seasons end. Will need to have it on maintenance rack and pressure wash. Post in general section might get more help on opinion.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Updated first page with another joining @Alan Adams riding...err..driving... err nm... boat name is geeze Deanna.

Ps. Is Deanna joining us?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think all the water will have growth by seasons end. Will need to have it on maintenance rack and pressure wash. Post in general section might get more help on opinion.
I kept my old boat on the water for 2 months and it was a pain to clean. Can't imagine leaving for longer.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will probably need a lift if I go that route then.

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will probably need a lift if I go that route then.
A lift is what I would want if I was leaving in the water. You would probably also want to consider a 2nd bilge pump on a float switch wired directly to the battery so you can still turn off the battery disconnect switch.

My parents keep their pontoon in the water year round at Aqualand. Definitely have to scrub the toons clean a few times a year.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Who is braving the lake this holiday weekend?

We will be out Saturday and Sunday.

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going out Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm out! Maybe next weekend

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ready for the morning.
Who is gonna make this run next year? I'm also interested in a chatanooga to Knoxville run in fall sometime I've heard it's nice. About 80 miles each direction.
20190523_205127.jpg

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ready for the morning.
Who is gonna make this run next year? I'm also interested in a chatanooga to Knoxville run in fall sometime I've heard it's nice. About 80 miles each direction.
View attachment 95007
I am gonna make the run from the lock all the way to HHI later this summer. Really looking forward to it!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does any one here keep their boat on a wet slip?

I kept my 242 in a 30x12 wet slip on Allatoona for 2 years before I sold it. Wet slips are great. Loved the convenience of the boat being on the water and not having to deal with the boat ramp, or calling ahead for dry stack. Also, there were several times we were out and storms came in so we rushed back to the slip, and pulled in under the cover. I kept mine on a 6800lb hoist lift. My buddy let his sit in water all summer and it was covered with algae and growth. A real pain to clean. The only way I would wet slip is if it is on a lift. Mine staid in the slip 365 days a year, on the lift, and connected to a battery charger.

boatlift1.jpgboatlift2.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
folks of Lanier, what do y'all use off the stern when anchoring down in a cove? Specifically in deeper water, not next to the shore. I found a quite cove the other day with my girls and dropped my danforth. It did its job but I still had swaying of the boat.

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
folks of Lanier, what do y'all use off the stern when anchoring down in a cove? Specifically in deeper water, not next to the shore. I found a quite cove the other day with my girls and dropped my danforth. It did its job but I still had swaying of the boat.
Typically I just drop my box anchor off of the bow and go with the flow. But, If I need to make sure I stay in one exact spot, i will use my danforth off the bow with the proper scope and my box anchor off the stern.

The low scope required of the box anchor helps with the swaying as there is not as much line in the water to contribute to the swaying.

Nortok

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You also need to be mindful of the depth. I have been told more than once that when the lake was created, they chopped the tops of all the trees that were shallower than 20' - 30' below full pool. This resulted in plenty of areas with still vertical "forests". Perfect for losing your anchor...

Don't know how true this is.

I have yet to lose one.

But I am anchored at the sand bar in less than 8' of water most days out.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You also need to be mindful of the depth. I have been told more than once that when the lake was created, they chopped the tops of all the trees that were shallower than 20' - 30' below full pool. This resulted in plenty of areas with still vertical "forests". Perfect for losing your anchor...

Don't know how true this is.

I have yet to lose one.

But I am anchored at the sand bar in less than 8' of water most days out.
This is true. Someone recently posted a picture of people cutting trees from boats as the lake rose on FB.

We rarely double anchor as well...box with short scope works fine.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AlphaKap was that you who went flying around island near balus creek across from port in all white yamaha?