• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake lanier gathering june 29th 2019

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gathering is set for june 29th. Below are people committed and people who have shown interest.

We will be gathering in a cove located behind 3 sisters island that should allow us to tie up, float, maybe tube paddle races?

If people are traveling in you can look into staying at the hotel/cabins at margaritaville or their rv campground they are almost finished with.

Other camp grounds pretty close on lake are van Pugh, shady grove, and shoal creek.

There are also some vrbos available. In the listi g it should say "south end" flowery branch and Buford would be close as well as some areas of cumming and gainesville.

We have interest from local yamaha dealer Park Marine to potentially be a sponsor for event. They are going to email new boat owners about it.

Attending
@AlphaKap
@Wisefam22
@Rod5
@jason08603
@Rodney Findley
@frank busse
@Nortok
@MissScarlet
@giroux68
@Roswelloms
@Jameson Clark
@spaz1868
@Alan Adams "geeze deanna"

Interested
@haknslash
@AJACHIM
@tabbibus
@Seadeals
@Nauti-Nurse
@Cajunchad
@Ramblin Wreck @Andy S @robert843 come visit

Screenshot_20190410-225803_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm thinking July but not the holiday weekend. Water may still be a bit chilly beginning of June (at least was last year) and lake may need a bit to recover after this seasons rain.

We might rent a house whatever weekend we end up choosing.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
July 20th?

Speaking of renting house, maybe we will camp that weekend. I'll mention it to wife.

@AlphaKap what area have yall found you enjoy? We often spend time anchored in backside of island in balus creek area across from port.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake Lanier is high on my list of list lakes to check out and Magaritaville is always high on my wifes’s list :winkingthumbsup" When we do I plan to rent a house with a dock for the weekend. Father’s day weekend is booked for me this year already. As are quite a few other weekends this summer. My recommendation for the organizers would be to try and set an annual date on or after father’s day and before the 4th of July weekend.

Lanier has a lot to me offer from what I can see and am glad to see this effort being taken on.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How about 6/29?

We have a few areas depending on who we are meeting, typically in the south end. Main spot is 4 mile Creek. Most boaters pass it up because the entrance looks like a dead end cove. We also go to Sunset or the back side of the island if there are fireworks. North side of lake if we are renting up there...less boats.

Hopefully they let out a lot of water so we can get some beaches back.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a plan. We can tie up in the forest since the water is as historic highs. :winkingthumbsup" hopefully I'll have some more practice behind the boat on the foil before then.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Seadeals day trip? Or I'm sure could jump on a boat if wanted to bring travel trailer and camp.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MattFX4 tow the boat over for a day and join us!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for tagging! Sounds like a blast. I don't know what weekends I'll be free but if I am, I will definitely take the family up for that gathering.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for tagging! Sounds like a blast. I don't know what weekends I'll be free but if I am, I will definitely take the family up for that gathering.
The sooner you learn that there are no free weekends in summer because they all belong to the boat it will make life easier!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Wisefam22 we will definitely take a look at that weekend. It would be great to join in. Lots of options with boat, travel trailer and a bunch of hotel points stockpiled. You know how my fam likes chill time both on and off the boat, so why rush the day trip?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Wisefam22 we will definitely take a look at that weekend. It would be great to join in. Lots of options with boat, travel trailer and a bunch of hotel points stockpiled. You know how my fam likes chill time both on and off the boat, so why rush the day trip?
Wasnt sure if had 2 tow vehicles for the trailer and boat... only resort/hotel on lake is margaritaville plenty of camp grounds

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No...just one TV. The Honda Odyssey won’t even tow the remnants of my manhood! ...but we have family (and a campground we have wanted to try) near Athens, so who knows, maybe leave the trailer there for a week or two and grab the boat for that weekend. A day trip from there would be easy.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No...just one TV. The Honda Odyssey won’t even tow the remnants of my manhood! ...but we have family (and a campground we have wanted to try) near Athens, so who knows, maybe leave the trailer there for a week or two and grab the boat for that weekend. A day trip from there would be easy.
Whst campground near athens?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pine Lake in Bishop. It’s close to family in Watkinsville that we want to visit.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is the lake too cold for tubing the first week of April?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably