• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Livingston, Texas

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @captras, took a ride today from White Rock/Jungle area down to have dinner at Farmhouse on the Lake, by the KOA/190 bridge. On the way back we saw the eagle again on marker 82. We approached him to take a video, and he flew off and landed on marker 83! We left him alone after that. That's the 2nd time we've seen him on that marker; my friend tells me he's seen him there too.

IMG_4839.JPG

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another post to this new thread...

On Friday, May 25, 2018 three of us took skis from the White Rock/Jungle area all the way up to the lock and dam on highway 7. 97 miles each way, for a total of 194 miles for the day. Left at 7:15 AM and returned at 5 PM. Toted all our own fuel: full tank and an extra 25 gallons each.

I have to believe that not many folks have seen this area of the Trinity river, especially on skis. It's the farthest you can go North from Lake Livingston on the Trinity River without a portage. The movie Deliverance comes to mind.

It was a fun trip, and we are likely doing it again at the end of July.

We had only one breakdown, with my buddy taking up a stick that he could not shake. We had to pull the ski onto a sandbar, and pull out the pump to dislodge it.

I took a bunch of videos on the way--need to cut them when I have time and post it here.

-Greg

Attachments

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @captras, took a ride today from White Rock/Jungle area down to have dinner at Farmhouse on the Lake, by the KOA/190 bridge. On the way back we saw the eagle again on marker 82. We approached him to take a video, and he flew off and landed on marker 83! We left him alone after that. That's the 2nd time we've seen him on that marker; my friend tells me he's seen him there too.

View attachment 76142
That is definitely cool! We never get up that way for 2 reasons. ..its pretty far and the wife is scared to death of all the stumps heading up to the bridge!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I normally put in at browders and go to pine island.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We go to pine island often.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd love to know more about the Trinity River north of the 190 bridge. We regularly go to Farmhouse on the Lake and I've always wondered how navigable the Trinity is going upriver. Is it do-able in a boat? Are there marked channels? Im not looking to go really far upriver, just looking for options.

Hi CAPTRAS, it was great meeting you several weekends back. We will be out and about this weekend through Monday. Maybe we will see ya again!!!

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kelso TRA put in new markers recently and it's easily navigable from 190 all the way North. Like a runway. Yesterday we went to Farmhouse on the Lake from White Rock. Left at 5:30, made it to Farmhouse at 6:05.

The only fuel North of 190 is at Westwood shores. Open 8-5. $3.79 gallon ethanol free.

-Greg

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@captras you may not believe this...

Yesterday (Jun 22, 2018) about 1:00 PM I was sitting inside my house and was on a conference call, when my wife motions for me to look out the window. Four (4) Apache helicopters flew over the neighborhood, over my house, and across the lake. They looked just like this with the 'side arms' and missiles, but seemed to be black and not dark green:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache#/media/File:Apache_DOS.jpg

By the time I thought about getting a video, they were almost across the lake. They were running at treetop level until they got to the lake, and then seemed to drop down to about 25'. They flew toward Goat Island and then made a turn East going down the Trinity.

There was a single wakeboard boat between us and Goat Island, and they flew right toward him, and over him. I'm sure it freaked him out for sure.

It was quite a site!

-Greg

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quite possibly out of Ellington Field. It is an impressive sight. ..now imagine you are AlQuida and they are coming at you firing 30mm guns, 2.75 rockets, and Hellfire missiles. The only time they shot at us in Iraq was from behind. If we turned towards them they ran like hell and hid BTW...US Army aircraft are no longer green but rather black. The black is an IR suppressant paint.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quite possibly out of Ellington Field. It is an impressive sight. ..now imagine you are AlQuida and they are coming at you firing 30mm guns, 2.75 rockets, and Hellfire missiles. The only time they shot at us in Iraq was from behind. If we turned towards them they ran like hell and hid BTW...US Army aircraft are no longer green but rather black. The black is an IR suppressant paint.

Last edited:

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw them Saturday about the same time. We were installing a slide on our dock and they flew north of us from the Kickapoo area. They were flying high this time though, 1000ft or so I'd say. We wondered where they were from and were going. Seemed to be heading too eastwardly to be headed to Ellington, but flight paths aren't always straight I guess.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There's a reserve base out of conroe as well. Most of time when they're flying low they're looking for pot fields. Marijuana flows white when looking through the flir ball.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm at the Lake all summer, only with work travel butting in. We plan to do a run from our place near White Rock down to Pine Island. Not sure what day, though, yet. Wed/Thu/Fri. Depends on other folks.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm gonna be on pine island Wednesday hopefully.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll head up on Friday for the weekend or longer. I'm mid lake, east side, just north of Pinwah Slough, or what Google maps calls West Tempe, my dock looks out at the end of Indian Hill peninsula. If it's windy we stay in the cove that Indian Hill peninsula provides, if its smooth we may be up in Kickapoo, over at teh Trinity going to Farmhouse, or down south at Pine Island. I've got the lake pretty well figured out as far as stump fields go, thanks to exploring and 2CoolFishing.com user waypoints.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There's a reserve base out of conroe as well. Most of time when they're flying low they're looking for pot fields. Marijuana flows white when looking through the flir ball.
The Reserve base out of Conroe no longer has Apaches...they now have Blackhawks.

Daniel 2018 AR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weather permitting, might be at lake Conroe Pappas on the lake tonight for fireworks. Anybody?

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Neighborhood fireworks tonight as it's supposed to stop raining at 5 pm today. We'll be doing the Pine Island run tomorrow as the weather should be nice.