• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Norman, NC

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No idea if they even did them then. We couldn't see over the trees. People behind us were lighting off stuff so I couldn't hear if Queens Landing was or wasn't doing anything. Boats all sat out there until around 10:30 and they left. Someone directly across the lake from us had a smaller display, but definitely not what would have brought all those boats up there for.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 78709 I am at Lake Norman this week. We are staying just about in the same cove with queens landing and the Mcrary boat launch which is about mile marker 16. Funny, we spent most most of the day today parked in a cove that was across the lake from the Blue Parrot. This lake is much clearer than the lake I usually boat in, Jordan lake. It’s nice to see your toes. The lake is definitely a good size lake. I used Navionics and it has helped along with the Wake Lake Norman app on my phone. I did seem to get turned around a few times. We did some exploring today, went to mile 2 and then turned around and went all the way back up to, I think, mile marker 25 or so.

The lake is very calm and not very congested this week. It sounds like the Monday - Friday after the fourth is a good week.
The attached photo is my view as I type this.
I was hanging there Tuesday. It’s my swimming hole I go all the way in about 100 yard before the end nobody really goes in there except someone fishing once in a while. If your lucky you can see some deer on the left they have a trail through there. You guys are correct it’s night and day from the weekends and holidays compared to during the week.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No idea if they even did them then. We couldn't see over the trees. People behind us were lighting off stuff so I couldn't hear if Queens Landing was or wasn't doing anything. Boats all sat out there until around 10:30 and they left. Someone directly across the lake from us had a smaller display, but definitely not what would have brought all those boats up there for.
I’m sure they were all disappointed glad I called first.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was hanging there Tuesday. It’s my swimming hole I go all the way in about 100 yard before the end nobody really goes in there except someone fishing once in a while. If your lucky you can see some deer on the left they have a trail through there. You guys are correct it’s night and day from the weekends and holidays compared to during the week.
Was out there most of the day today. Went back to just about where the tree is down and it gets thin. Thought about going further back but navionics had flooded timber marked through there, didn’t want to find out how clos to the surface it may be. Is it nice further back in there? I plan on going back there again tomorrow. Going to head to the Blue parrot for dinner tonight, hope to get parking at the dock. It looks like it will be ok.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s quiet. You can go past the tree on the left and go in further. I drop anchor just before the bird house on the right in the brush in the middle w 30’ of anchor line. It was 8’ the other day. If it’s busy at the BP send one person up to the back of the bar and get on the waiting list. You can have cocktails in the boat then they call your name on the pa.