• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Oconee?

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys...Decided to take the fam and new boat up to Lake Oconee for Memorial Day weekend. We are pretty excited but there's not a lot of info out there about Lake Oconee. Where exactly is the "jumping rock"? Any other recommendations? First time in fresh water actually - born and raised boating in the Tampa Bay area. Would love it if anyone wants to meet up! Thanks!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The jumping rock is located on the southern tip of the finger of the lake that the Ritz Carlton is on, here is the GPS coordinates.
DD33.384404-83.176357
DMSN 33° 23' 3.854''W 83° 10' 34.885''

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome thanks!

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I started boating at Lake Oconee last year, haven't heard of Jumping Rock, what is that?

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's just a small rock formation but looks fun and something different!

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing, learn something everyday from this forum!!!

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
UFfitz56 - where will you be putting in? Generally , does anyone have other experiences with ramps at Oconee?

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I live and boat on Lake Oconee. Jumping Rock is near the dam (Southern part of the lake). The lake actually splits near it. One fork will take you to up to the Ritz area and the other will take you to the rest of the lake (Northern part) - Rt. 44, I-20, etc.). See Lake Map attached and black circle toward the Southern end is where Jumping Rock is located.

Attachments

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
UFfitz56 - where will you be putting in? Generally , does anyone have other experiences with ramps at Oconee?
Even though I live on Lake Oconee, I don't know much about the ramps because we have our own dock / boat lift. The lake is owned by Georgia Power and they have several public boat ramps throughout the lake. Typically I would say unless it's a main summer holiday, you should have no issues, but due to Covid-19, it's been like the 4th of July here on the lake every weekend for the past month.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Even though I live on Lake Oconee, I don't know much about the ramps because we have our own dock / boat lift. The lake is owned by Georgia Power and they have several public boat ramps throughout the lake. Typically I would say unless it's a main summer holiday, you should have no issues, but due to Covid-19, it's been like the 4th of July here on the lake every weekend for the past month.
I was out there last 4th, it was so busy - unsafe to pull my wakeboarders up near the Lake Club Marina. We always put in at Lake Club Marina - never busy. Love that lake tho! Any ideas what the water temp was this weekend, we almost drove up to put in - thought it still might be a tad cold?

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow we were thinking Oconee was going to be more low key than some of the other GA lakes but hopefully we shouldn't have any issues. We are renting a house with a dock so will only need to use a boat ramp once for unloading and loading which I can do during non peak hours. This will be our first time so I'm not familiar with the ramps either but the owner of the house recommended we use Fish Tale Marina since it was the closest to the house. Looks like a good ramp/marina on google maps though!
Home | Fish Tale Marina
Any other boat ramps near there anyone recommends?

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow we were thinking Oconee was going to be more low key than some of the other GA lakes but hopefully we shouldn't have any issues. We are renting a house with a dock so will only need to use a boat ramp once for unloading and loading which I can do during non peak hours. This will be our first time so I'm not familiar with the ramps either but the owner of the house recommended we use Fish Tale Marina since it was the closest to the house. Looks like a good ramp/marina on google maps though!
Home | Fish Tale Marina
Any other boat ramps near there anyone recommends?
You will be good using Fish Tale Marina. Are you planning on staying for an entire week? If so, then you will be fine. While the weekend will be busy and not ideal for water sports, you will have the lake to yourself during the week to enjoy, especially if you are into water sports.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You will be good using Fish Tale Marina. Are you planning on staying for an entire week? If so, then you will be fine. While the weekend will be busy and not ideal for water sports, you will have the lake to yourself during the week to enjoy, especially if you are into water sports.
I agree with this, weekend will be busy - hardly anyone on the lake during the week for sure.

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was out there last 4th, it was so busy - unsafe to pull my wakeboarders up near the Lake Club Marina. We always put in at Lake Club Marina - never busy. Love that lake tho! Any ideas what the water temp was this weekend, we almost drove up to put in - thought it still might be a tad cold?
Water temps are still in the 70's...I need it to be a little warmer as well :D

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with this, weekend will be busy - hardly anyone on the lake during the week for sure.
Great thanks we'll be there from Weds through Tues so will be able to get some good time on the water before it gets crazy for Memorial Day. Can't wait!