• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake of the Ozarks - need some advice

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good day,

We currently live at a 300 acre lake in Nebraska. We are looking to buy a condo/townhouse at Lake of the Ozarks. I have a LOT of questions about where to look. I have also read some negative things about Lake of the Ozark. I am hoping there is someone or a website I can be directed to so I can ask my questions

I will look for your postings.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What are you looking for at the lake. We are from Ne but moved just outside Kc 15yr ago. We make down to LOTO a few times a year.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are looking at a condo/townhouse. We will have two kids living with us (12 and 10). I would like a slip for my boat and at least 1 jet ski.
We would like at least 1 car garage 2 preferred.
Would like to be in a cove.
Away from party cove - nothing wrong with boating to it, but don't want it outside our place.

Any information will be helpful.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@007 probably could shed some light on this....they’ve got a condo there.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if this show is helpful, but I would say Make sure neighbors last name isn’t Bird or Langmore...

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What draws you to LOTO?
It has fairly muddy water, and big wakes. I don't boat there, and I have a 31'.
At probably the same distance there is Table Rock Lake, which is crystal clear and not nearly as crowded.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for writing to me. We looked at Table Rock but it seems there are no Condos there. We are looking for a more maintenance free environment. Can you recommend a place at Table Rock that does have condos?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for writing to me. We looked at Table Rock but it seems there are no Condos there. We are looking for a more maintenance free environment. Can you recommend a place at Table Rock that does have condos?
Indian Point area is all condo complexes. Dozens of different resort areas with individual units for sale.

realtor.com (or Zillow though I haven’t checked that one recently), search for Indian Point, MO. Most of the hits will be condos.

there is a table rock FB group, several realtors monitor the group and reach out to members when they post a “looking for” type message.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Big parties on Lake of the Ozarks if you like race boats there’s a bunch of cigarettes and other go fast boats.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have been going to table rock lake 12+years. We love the lake.Ton of condos on indian point like @BigAbe75 said. We have stayed all over the lake from Hollister to aunts creek area. Hollister area south of state park Marina also has condos. We stayed at emerald point years ago. The condo was beautiful the views were gorgeous. The only drawback is they only had a courtesy dock at that time. They might have gotten docks since. We tend to stay on indian point.
Our goal is to buy a condo and Eventually retire on TRL

Last edited:

LakeGuyNE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First off I want to thank EVERYONE who has posted comments here. A lot good information.

I am hoping someone can help me find a condo at Table Rock with the following features:
1. I "REALLY" want at least one boat slip with a lift. Two jet ski slip would be great also. We can live with one though.
2. We MUST have "High Speed" Internet.
3. 3 Bedroom
4. Garage would be nice.
5. Fully furnished or "mostly" furnished.

Maybe I am looking at the wrong places or I don't understand how things work, but what I find is "Community Dock" or other such descriptions. I would prefer a boat slip of my own so I can just take the boat out whenever I want without having to launch it or whatever.

We want a NICE PLACE that we will enjoy as a retirement place.

I will be happy to give you my email address so we can communicate directly or so you can send me links.

Thank you ahead of time,
Ron

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You should be able to rent/lease/purchase a slip, but you probably won’t have your very own dock. There are very few private individual docks due to Corps of Engineers restrictions. A complex or subdivision will go together and purchase the dock with X slips, and you can “purchase” the number of slips you need based on the amount you contribute to the project. Like a HOA, I guess.

You'll see a lot of posts that include a slip for 25k or whatever on X dock.

My uncle bought a slip at one of the private docks at Rock Lane Marina. Also home of the Branson Yacht Club (that usually has condos for sale) and Rock Lane Resort on Indian Point. He does not have a condo there.

He paid 20+k upfront (I think). The marina does the upkeep, and he probably pays some annual maint fees. He has full access to add deck boxes, lift, grill, whatever to his little patch of dock.

Not sure if that helps any? Sounds like you’re serious enough, talking to a realtor might not be a bad idea. @007 might be able to assist or have some contacts that he can recommend. Never hurts to talk and doesn’t cost anything, especially if you can get some the answers you need for those intricacies. Good luck!!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if this show is helpful, but I would say Make sure neighbors last name isn’t Bird or Langmore...

LMAO I was just thinking the same thing!!!!! The wife and I were actually at The Blue Cat Lodge this past Saturday!!!!!!! The signs arent up anymore and its now called JD's but they have The Blue Cat Lodge painted above the Bar inside!!!!! I did my due diligence and tapped the walls and floor looking for hollow areas but to no avail.