• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Ouachita Family trip need suggestions

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My family and I are planning on being in Hot Springs area in a couple weeks. We have a lot of kids ages 15 yrs old-2 yrs old. We are planning on renting a pontoon and check out Lake Ouachita one day but need some suggestions on some good things to do and check out while in the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
We are staying in a lake house on the north side of Lake Catherine.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will fill in a lot more later but want to make sure that you know that Lake Catherine and Lake Ouachita are separated by two dams and Lake Hamilton. Lake Catherine is the smallest and least desirable of the four lakes in the area.

I may be able to help you find lodging closer to Ouachita if you would like.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. We are staying on lake Catherine but are renting a boat for a day on lake ouachita. We plan on using Brady Mountain Marina. I'm just wondering are there any cool places to check out on the lake and recommended good activities for the other days we are there.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of my favorite things that we did while in Hot Springs was to go through Lake Hamilton (We stayed on the south end of the lake) and go up the Ouachita River to the dam. We left the house with water temps in the low 80's, and reached the dam with water temps in the high 40's. It hurt your joints to put a hand or leg in that cold water.

In Ouachita we enjoyed renting jet skis and anchoring my boat in an empty cove and using it as a base. The kids played on the beach or swam in the cove while we took turns on the skis.