• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Shasta

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg I'm at Lake Shasta and there's no water at the resort. I was really hoping to get the kids on a shore or something. I've got my autistic sister with me so it's important to me that she has a good time. It's her first time camping. I'm reaching out to my Yamaha bros in the area for directions on how to get to a good shore area by car/truck. I do have my boat but I need to set up a base camp on shore to make sure my sister has a place to feel safe if she doesn't want to be on the boat. So any input would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, I live in Redding so boat mostly on Shasta but rarely go near the shore. It is, of course, a very big lake and you didn't say where you are.

If you are anywhere near Jones Valley I would think you'd be able to drive your vehicle down to the waters edge there. The launch ramp is way the heck east of the actual resort due to the very low water level. Follow along until you find the parking lot for the public launch ramp, drive down to where the (now useless) public ramp is and take a sharp right turn off the ramp onto the dirt road, then continue on dirt roads until you come to the launch ramp near the floating marina. There should be ample area to reach the shore by your truck there.

You mentioned "resort" but which one?

Last edited:
I'm a
Hi, I live in Redding so boat mostly on Shasta but rarely go near the shore. It is, of course, a very big lake and you didn't say where you are.

If you are anywhere near Jones Valley I would think you'd be able to drive your vehicle down to the waters edge there. The launch ramp is way the heck east of the actual resort due to the very low water level. Follow along until you find the parking lot for the public launch ramp, drive down to where the (now useless) public ramp is and take a sharp right turn off the ramp onto the dirt road, then continue on dirt roads until you come to the launch ramp near the floating marina. There should be ample area to reach the shore by your truck there.

You mentioned "resort" but which one?
im at antlers

I haven't been up there for a couple of months and things have changed with the lake dropping about 1' a day so my help might not pan out but...

From Antlers take Lakeshore Drive south about 3 miles. There should be road access to the lake there and hopefully there will be water for boating. You should be able to camp next to the shore there. I'm talking about the large dirt outcropping where the three arms of the lake come together at the bottom of this satellite image.

If that doesn't work out you may have to make a bigger move as road access becomes scarce from there south for a while. We have a 21 year old daugher with autism so I fully understand that part of your dilemma.

upload_2014-7-17_22-46-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-17_22-50-18.png
    upload_2014-7-17_22-50-18.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Here's an exploded view of the area I'm suggesting. This satellite image from Google Earth was taken in February when the lake was down 130'. It's down 127.5' today so the image is likely pretty accurate for water level and what the shape of the lake looks like.

upload_2014-7-17_22-57-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-17_22-57-11.png
    upload_2014-7-17_22-57-11.png
    951.1 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so much! My family and I will be here till Sunday so I you hit the lake, I've got some cold ones with your name on them!

I want and have to boat at tahoe first but Shasta is on my list right after Tahoe. If / when I do go to Shasta I will be sure to ping jdonalds about it. Great comms. Guys.

Here's an exploded view of the area I'm suggesting. This satellite image from Google Earth was taken in February when the lake was down 130'. It's down 127.5' today so the image is likely pretty accurate for water level and what the shape of the lake looks like.

View attachment 8781
That picture looks like where I launched from when I was on Shasta for a couple days with my family in early April. It was low, but as I learned the lake is enormous! Look forward to house boating adventures in the future! JDonalds missed connecting with us but I'm sure in the future we'll hook up for some non alcoholic sodas!

Thank you so much! My family and I will be here till Sunday so I you hit the lake, I've got some cold ones with your name on them!
Did you move to that site and did it work out?

I don't plan to be on the water this weekend. We haven't been out in many weeks but Monday we plan to go out on Whiskeytown for a few hours.

Enjoy the weekend. The weather looks great.

W
Did you move to that site and did it work out?

I don't plan to be on the water this weekend. We haven't been out in many weeks but Monday we plan to go out on Whiskeytown for a few hours.

Enjoy the weekend. The weather looks great.
we went out to the spot you suggested. Unfortunately it was a bust. The water level was super low. We made a day camp there and the wind kept blowing our pop ups all over the place. Took a group kids out to go tubing, stopped to talk to my cuzin on his jet ski and sucked up the tow rope. After an hour of trying to cut it out we almost drifted into some big boulders. So I had the wife back up to get in the middle of the cove and sucked up the tow rope in the other impeller. Talk about buzzards luck! So 2 1/2 hours later I got the rope out of both impellers with the help of my cuzin and called it quits before something else happened. Tuff day for me I'll try again tomorrow.
Still can't believe the lake is so low. LA needs to quit stealing Nor Cals' water. ( that's a whole 'nother thread tho)

Sorry to hear you are having a rough start, both impellers fouled with line at the same time, damn! Hopefully the worst is behind you.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

How is your sister doing with all of this?

What is your plan for the rest of the weekend?

Back