• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake w/ 10mph speed limit

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I don’t think this will be an issue but thought I would seek the “wisdom” of the forum. This week I will be spending it on a smaller local lake that has a speed limit of 10mph. I am used to longer times at No wake speeds (Topoc gorge) but those often have higher throttles before and after. This trip will never see upper RPMs.
Anyone see this causing an issue? Fouling spark plugs maybe?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think this will be an issue but thought I would seek the “wisdom” of the forum. This week I will be spending it on a smaller local lake that has a speed limit of 10mph. I am used to longer times at No wake speeds (Topoc gorge) but those often have higher throttles before and after. This trip will never see upper RPMs.
You can throttle it up quick in reverse every now and then just for a moment, if you want to.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m assuming there is a REALLY good reason to spend a week at a lake with a 10MPH speed limit? :)

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I’m assuming there is a REALLY good reason to spend a week at a lake with a 10MPH speed limit? :)
🤣 yeah I’ve gone 8 months without being on the boat because of 2 unexpected work trips, and several kids in sports, 2 of which made playoffs and have tournaments coming up. I have a chance this week because back in December I promised the kids we would go tent camping in our local mountains where we like to hike, and this lake is available. Going to be a bit different since there are no water sports allowed, but it gets me on the water.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have spent days putt-putting in no wake mode at 2000rpm around our lake. And the RPM's are just high enough that I have good (not great) control, and good flow out the pissers. Just keep looking over the side every once in a while to check flow. As at that speed, you don't clear weeds as easily as higher speeds.

Hey, you are on the water, and that's worth something. You won't have to worry about big wakes at least.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have spent days putt-putting in no wake mode at 2000rpm around our lake. And the RPM's are just high enough that I have good (not great) control, and good flow out the pissers. Just keep looking over the side every once in a while to check flow. As at that speed, you don't clear weeds as easily as higher speeds.

Hey, you are on the water, and that's worth something. You won't have to worry about big wakes at least.
That’s a great reminder, I didn’t even think about clearing grass and weeds!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is such a dumb rule. Our boats at 10mph are throwing out a huge wake. At 30mph it's nothing.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is such a dumb rule. Our boats at 10mph are throwing out a huge wake. At 30mph it's nothing.
Yep, 10mph cruise around the lake might get that point across, lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, 10mph cruise around the lake might get that point across, lol.
The kids can almost tube at that speed. I would be throwing a mean wake at 10mph.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The kids can almost tube at that speed. I would be throwing a mean wake at 10mph.
Might be able to surf at that speed. Get a nice big wave going.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
🤣 yeah I’ve gone 8 months without being on the boat because of 2 unexpected work trips, and several kids in sports, 2 of which made playoffs and have tournaments coming up. I have a chance this week because back in December I promised the kids we would go tent camping in our local mountains where we like to hike, and this lake is available. Going to be a bit different since there are no water sports allowed, but it gets me on the water.
At least you can still use the boat as a hang out. I would do it in a pinch. Consider throwing a tow line out and having your guests hold the line while floating in their life jackets. I’ve done this a few times to reposition my boat in the no wake zone and everyone seems to love it. Just moved the throttles out of neutral and put around at idle speeds.

I think the only problem I would have is staying below 10 mph.

Last edited:

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The lake is a man made drinking water reservoir that only allows body contact in their “Swim Zone” that costs extra and is only open from June 1 to Labor Day.
I’m sure if I would have taken it out I would have had some looks though, if not a wake warning.

I got a good call yesterday regarding a new position at work and was requested to write a business proposal to the C-level guys later this week so no boating this week.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The lake is a man made drinking water reservoir that only allows body contact in their “Swim Zone” that costs extra and is only open from June 1 to Labor Day.
I’m sure if I would have taken it out I would have had some looks though, if not a wake warning.

I got a good call yesterday regarding a new position at work and was requested to write a business proposal to the C-level guys later this week so no boating this week.
Sounds like you got your priorities all jacked up. Boating BEFORE work. Always. ;)