• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Larger FSH either 240 or 250 or 270

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would be very happy to purchase a larger FSH. I have the 190 FSH and I love it. We spend time on some large lakes and bays though and would love to get the next level. I really hope they are planning on producing it. The 210 is just not a large enough disparity to bother with the money lost and spent when selling the old and buying the new one for just two feet. The 240 could support a larger head and changing room and honestly I think it would be wise for them to skip the 240 and go to either a 250, 260 or even 270.

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would be very happy to purchase a larger FSH. I have the 190 FSH and I love it. We spend time on some large lakes and bays though and would love to get the next level. I really hope they are planning on producing it. The 210 is just not a large enough disparity to bother with the money lost and spent when selling the old and buying the new one for just two feet. The 240 could support a larger head and changing room and honestly I think it would be wise for them to skip the 240 and go to either a 250, 260 or even 270.
That could be the reason for their introduction of that 27 ft. Cruiser (which I honestly think it is never going to go far) so they can have a 27 ft hall ready for an FSH

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They have the 27' hull now so why not?
The compitition is going to be insane at that level, that's why.
You would have to be 110% sold on a jet powered craft.
For trolling and fishing it would not compete with outboards and outdrives for stability.
The aspect of having nothing in the way on the back could be eliminated with an i/o setup. However, the jet drive is so simple it has it's benefits. Like no prop...

If you are going to use it as an excursion boat with the family, then it would be awesome!
I prefer dual console/deck boat styles but honestly would take a sun sport (small cabin) over anything now that i have owned my open bow.
To each his own and i think they should offer it as you say, and let the buyer decide!
If they offer it at a bargain price like they used to then they will win many over.
However, have you looked at the scarab 255 open? More sporty style, more power and in that length range.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looked at the Scarab, absolutely could not justify double the price of the 210 FSH for a few extra feet. IF I were going to spend $80,000 on a 24 or 25’ center console it’s going to be a Robalo. Now, if Yamaha came in at $60,000 for a 24’ CC? Interesting.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That could be the reason for their introduction of that 27 ft. Cruiser (which I honestly think it is never going to go far) so they can have a 27 ft hall ready for an FSH
Your 210 FSH looks great. I hope you are right. I will be first in line at the dealer to order the 270 FSH.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For trolling and fishing it would not compete with outboards and outdrives for stability.
The aspect of having nothing in the way on the back could be eliminated with an i/o setup. However, the jet drive is so simple it has it's benefits. Like no prop...

If you are going to use it as an excursion boat with the family, then it would be awesome!
I prefer dual console/deck boat styles but honestly would take a sun sport (small cabin) over anything now that i have owned my open bow.
To each his own and i think they should offer it as you say, and let the buyer decide!
If they offer it at a bargain price like they used to then they will win many over.
However, have you looked at the scarab 255 open? More sporty style, more power and in that length range.
Not interested in a Scarab, if you've been on an FSH you can really tell the thought they have put into it. I like to take people fishing and out for fun and for the money (and in my opinion) there is nothing that comes close for doing both than an FSH. Spend some time on one if you haven't already, Yamaha has really knocked it out of the park with the FSH setup at the price level.

Can a person get a better 20 or so foot center console? Absolutely. They can also buy a Maclaren if they want but for less than my F150 cost me I got what I consider is one of the best boats a person can experience on the market.

I do like seeing those fancy wake board boats at the lake though. Those are very cool but my wife likes to fish and my best memories as a child were with my family fishing. So I want to create those sort of memories for my friends family too.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looked at the Scarab, absolutely could not justify double the price of the 210 FSH for a few extra feet. IF I were going to spend $80,000 on a 24 or 25’ center console it’s going to be a Robalo. Now, if Yamaha came in at $60,000 for a 24’ CC? Interesting.
That Robalo is a sexy rig.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
One thing i have loved about the jet boats is the dual engines. You have a very large price tag for dual outboards, and i/o is almost always a single.
To me, having the twins is a big deal. The simplicity of jet pumps is another plus. I went to the bahamas in a 21 footer. I want moar!
The 275 is cool looking for a top boat but now i am ready to see the practical version!
And yes i need to ride on a 210 fsh some time.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I have looked at the Scarab, nice boat. Can't get past the lack of access to clean out the pumps and the accents around the boat (all the gimmicky artwork backrests and rubrails) don't do it for me. Do like the power but see no sense in having twin motors with a single throttle control, it's a stupid move IMO

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Count me as one of those dreaming of a 27' FSH, but NOT if it's going to burn twice as much fuel and be ugly. 25', 26' might be Yamaha's limit with the NA engines unless they do something about engine/jet design. I wish they would stop spending so much time on gimics like steering wheel paddle shifters. What next, will they give us Seadoo's motorized lowering windshield, give us power captains chairs with memory settings, or a motorized engine hatch cover?

I was so excited for a 27' Yamaha jetboat until they released the 275. What a letdown. The killer was those absolutely terrible fuel burn numbers.

Right now, 99% of me is just wanting to get a real bay boat. The $100k+ Yamaha 275 tops out at 54mph with a ridiculous fuel burn. There are 24' to 27' bay boats that will break 60, float in shallower water, run quieter, burn half as much fuel as the Yamaha 275 at cruising speed, have a longer range, and have that much more storage since it's an outboard. Of course, you don't get the family friendly transom. Win some, loose some.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have looked at the Scarab, nice boat. Can't get past the lack of access to clean out the pumps and the accents around the boat (all the gimmicky artwork backrests and rubrails) don't do it for me. Do like the power but see no sense in having twin motors with a single throttle control, it's a stupid move IMO
The twin motors is great, but I dont' know how the throttle contoller works on any of the new stuff. I am so "old school" that I have a lever for each motor and gate. And my first Yamaha had even more than that! The exciter was before a single lever for throttle and gates. In fact, I accidentally hit a dock once because I was coming up to it all sideways, and then bumped the throttles thinking I had shifted to forward, but it was in fact in reverse.
I learned some fiberglassing and gelcoating that year.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe I heard about them releasing a "dedicated" wake boat in the 26/27ft range this next year.

For a larger fsh in that 26/27ft range they need it little skinnier to trailer without permites.

Could be what the wait is.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Count me as one of those dreaming of a 27' FSH, but NOT if it's going to burn twice as much fuel and be ugly. 25', 26' might be Yamaha's limit with the NA engines unless they do something about engine/jet design. I wish they would stop spending so much time on gimics like steering wheel paddle shifters. What next, will they give us Seadoo's motorized lowering windshield, give us power captains chairs with memory settings, or a motorized engine hatch cover?

I was so excited for a 27' Yamaha jetboat until they released the 275. What a letdown. The killer was those absolutely terrible fuel burn numbers.

Right now, 99% of me is just wanting to get a real bay boat. The $100k+ Yamaha 275 tops out at 54mph with a ridiculous fuel burn. There are 24' to 27' bay boats that will break 60, float in shallower water, run quieter, burn half as much fuel as the Yamaha 275 at cruising speed, have a longer range, and have that much more storage since it's an outboard. Of course, you don't get the family friendly transom. Win some, loose some.
Exactly. Yamaha would need to develop new engines if they are going to make a serious offering in bigger boats. No one that's remotely tethered to reality is buying a twin SVHO 27' boat because of the reason you state.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Going to be two 275 in my lake this year. Guy at my marina selling baja 27 foot cuddy w/ 502. Maybe just your reality? Or your wrong.