• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thrust Enhancer Questions

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I currently am running the Cobra Steering fin on my boat and yesterday decided to order the Thrust Vector from Jetboat Pilot. Figured I would do a side by side comparison between the two. I launch in and out of a river that has a fairly good current so I’m curious to see if the longer fins will help aid in low speed steering. The Cobra were a huge improvement over the OEM setup. So on to my original questions I’m interested in the Lateral Thruster Jetboat Pilots now offer. Almost purchased one yesterday along with the Thrust Vector but wanted to a do a little more research. Plus, I’ll be in Panama City 1st week in April so I figure I can stop by and pick one up. So, has anyone bought one and was the improvement worth the expense??

Last edited:

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They just shipped. I received mine a couple of days ago but things are frozen here in Canada. Maybe one of the lucky southern recipients can help you out. Can’t wait to try it out in the Spring.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will let you know tomorrow night. I will be doing a sea trial with the lateral and thrust vectors on my 210 FSH tomorrow.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great. Have you by chance driven the boat without for a comparison?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No. The boat has never been in the water. I am taking it out tomorrow. (Saturday)

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can only dream about splashing the boat... 3 more months for me unless the weather breaks early

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would love to head south. Maybe a possibility in a couple more years. Of course I'll be broke with twin daughters heading off to college next year

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is cheap to live here.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just installed mine. Letting the locktite cure. If tomorrow is as nice as today will test it out tomorrow after church.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took my boat out today for the maiden voyage.

- With the thrust vectors, there is still a small amount of bow wander. Nothing really bad though.
- The lateral thrusters do move the stern laterally.
- Reverse seemed comparable to my old I/O boat.
- Boat does 45.3 mph with 5 people on board :eek:

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
45 is a solid number with 5 people. I wish the 19 would do 45 with 5 people. Need some pics of that beautiful boat in the water. So what did you think compared to your old boat?

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just installed mine. Letting the locktite cure. If tomorrow is as nice as today will test it out tomorrow after church.
Great let me know what you think. Do you have the trust vectors as well?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
45 is a solid number with 5 people. I wish the 19 would do 45 with 5 people. Need some pics of that beautiful boat in the water. So what did you think compared to your old boat?
I was too lazy to pull the GoPro out today even though I had it with me :p

The FSH handles waves better than my old boat. The ride is much more solid. Pretty much every aspect is better except the engine sound. The Mercruiser was quieter.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree my old merc was quieter as well. I'm imaging the 21 May be a bit louder than the 19?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Probably twice as loud? :)

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
SeaDek is going in next week, so that will probably help. I also have some sound deadener I might add.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One more thing, I noticed my throttles were not matched exactly. One is about 300 to 400 rpm higher, so I will be adjust one or both cables.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Be sure you can hear a difference in the engine sync before bothering with rigging. The tachometers can be inaccurate compared to actual verified by YDS. You may also consider swapping left and right tachs to prove an inaccuracy follows. Can you also see the rpm on the screen or just the gauges?

Here is a thread on rpm differences if you haven’t seen it.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/rpm-big-difference-twin-engines.5586/page-3#post-277556