• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster 2.0 BETA Testers Needed

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We're excited to announce the initial roll out of the Lateral Thruster 2.0.

As many of you know Yamaha changed the steering nozzle's design in 2019 to include a more lateral style reverse feature than that of previous models. This design essentially forces reverse flow back under the boat for reverse power off the trailer, and also ports a portion of that flow approximately 45 degrees to the side.

This new style of nozzle made the existing Lateral Thruster incompatible with it so for the past 3 years we've simply told customers who were interested in Lateral Thruster that we did not have an option for them.

Today we're proud to announce that now, we do have an upgrade for 2019-Current model year Yamaha boat owners, and that the improvements to reverse control are very noticeable. While we are sorting out all the final decision making for the production version, slated to be launched in Nov. or Dec. 2021, we would like to give you the opportunity to participate in a BETA testing program being rolled out today. Here's how that works.

- We plan to make available enough BETA test parts for 10 twin engine and 10 single engine owners to participate.

- We ask that if you plan to participate in the BETA program, that you plan to go boating at a minimum twice per month for the next 3 months, but ideally once per week.

- We ask that you give us weekly feedback as to how the product is performing and any other comments or suggestions you may have.

The design of the new Lateral Thruster 2.0 is dramatically different from the original version released in 2018. Here's how pricing is structured.

Twin Engine Models: $199.95 (Retail) $149.95 (BETA)

Single Engine Models: $199.95 (Retail) $149.95 (BETA)

Testing revealed that twin engine boats equipped with Lateral Thruster 2.0 needed only one Lateral Thruster unit on each nozzle to provide the necessary lateral force for added reverse command, while at the same time preserving sufficient power to back the boat off the trailer or slow the boat as you're approaching the dock etc.

Additionally testing revealed that single engine boats equipped with Lateral Thruster 2.0 perform equally as well as twin engine models, including no real reduction in reverse power while backing the boat off the trailer etc.

If you're interested in participating in the BETA tester program please email your request to will@jetboatpilot.com. Our plan is to begin invoicing immediately and begin shipping Wednesday of next week (8-25-2021). We are shorthanded today and tomorrow in our offices so please e-mail for now. Once our staff is back to full capacity on Monday we would love to help you by phone. Thanks for your understanding.

Here's some pictures of the product installed on both twin engine and single engine models.

Edited.png
single edited.png

DSC_0154.JPG
DSC_0147.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG
20210817_123716.jpg
20210817_123735.jpg
20210819_110110.jpg
20210819_110219.jpg

Congrats on getting the new lateral thrusters to this point, Will. What's their compatibility with the Thrust Vectors (both the current gen and most recent previous gen)? I assume they're compatible, but just wondering.

It also seems that these will require some sort of drilling and bolting into the existing nozzle, correct?

Congrats on getting the new lateral thrusters to this point, Will. What's their compatibility with the Thrust Vectors (both the current gen and most recent previous gen)? I assume they're compatible, but just wondering.
LT 2.0 is compatible with Thrust Vector X, Wake and our Current Thrust Vector product IF THE USER TRIMS THEIR CURRENT FINS USING OUR TRIM TEMPLATE. The current version of Thrust Vector fin also must be trimmed and the next generation Thrust Vector fin will come with the cut away as part of the design.

We plan to offer two versions of Thrust Vector fin system when we launch. For 2018 & Prior Yamaha Boats the current Thrust Vector will remain unchanged. For 2019 and newer Yamaha Boats we will over a new version which will likely be called Thrust Vector LE (Lateral Enhanced).

For BETA testers who would like to participate and also have Thrust Vectors of some sort currently please shoot me an email and I can go over your options with you. Thrust Vectors are not required to use Lateral Thruster 2.0. The two work independently from one another.

It also seems that these will require some sort of drilling and bolting into the existing nozzle, correct?
Yes for maximum hold and to preserve the ability to remove the part at a later date, a through bolt mount was found to be most favorable.

Sounds like an interesting product, but just bought a current set of thrust vectors for my 2022 195s, and I am not keen on drilling into the housing during the warranty period for a beta test lateral thruster. Thanks for sharing the opportunity anyway.

Sounds like an interesting product, but just bought a current set of thrust vectors for my 2022 195s, and I am not keen on drilling into the housing during the warranty period for a beta test lateral thruster. Thanks for sharing the opportunity anyway.
Understood. Thanks for the feedback!

LT 2.0 is compatible with Thrust Vector X, Wake and our Current Thrust Vector product IF THE USER TRIMS THEIR CURRENT FINS USING OUR TRIM TEMPLATE. The current version of Thrust Vector fin also must be trimmed and the next generation Thrust Vector fin will come with the cut away as part of the design.

We plan to offer two versions of Thrust Vector fin system when we launch. For 2018 & Prior Yamaha Boats the current Thrust Vector will remain unchanged. For 2019 and newer Yamaha Boats we will over a new version which will likely be called Thrust Vector LE (Lateral Enhanced).

For BETA testers who would like to participate and also have Thrust Vectors of some sort currently please shoot me an email and I can go over your options with you. Thrust Vectors are not required to use Lateral Thruster 2.0. The two work independently from one another.
Thanks for the great info. Any idea yet when the new Thrust Vector LE's might be ready for sale? Are they launching at the same time the new Lateral Thruster is scheduled to launch (Nov/Dec 2021)?

Thanks for the great info. Any idea yet when the new Thrust Vector LE's might be ready for sale? Are they launching at the same time the new Lateral Thruster is scheduled to launch (Nov/Dec 2021)?
Yes we're working now to get the LE version of the Thrust Vector out there so you can get ready for the LT 2.0 launch. We were going to slate it for 2022 launch but can now see we need to go live with it sooner than that.

I wish I could do the beta but I don't boat that often to be of any useful info. But I will definitely get a pair when released.

I wish I could do the beta but I don't boat that often to be of any useful info. But I will definitely get a pair when released.
Good deal! Thanks!

When will the new Lateral Thrusters 2.0 be listed on your web site

When will the new Lateral Thrusters 2.0 be listed on your web site
Hopefully if everything continues going as well as it is right now, Nov 1 pre sale with deliveries in Jan.

Back